GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Track times

Search this Thread

Old 2/18/06, 06:30 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Went to the track today, finally. It was a disaster though. I don't know how may cars were there, seemed like 200 or more. I had to wait in line for the tech inspection for close to an hour. Finally got in line and someone hit the wall and shut the track down for another 2 hours or so. So I only got 2 runs, one N/A and one with the spray. The first run I accidentally staged too deep and had to back up and ended up with red light, -.038. If I had staged shallow it would have been a near perfect light, oh well. I did a small burnout and powerbrake. I spun a little off the line(with some wheel hop) and then took off. Ended up with a 15.1 which I was slightly diappointed with. I lost to an SRT-4(that was running slicks mind you!). With a little more practice I'm sure I could have gotten into the 14s. The second run was with the nitrous. I staged ok this time but I didn't rev as much at the line. I had kind of a bad reaction time this run, guess I was thinking too much about the nitrous switch and not enough about the tree. Very little wheel spin, as soon as I was sure I was hooked up, I hit the nitrous. I ended up with a 14.2@98MPH. I beat a Pontiac GXP somethingorother. I think I could have launched a little harder and maybe hit the nitrous sooner and could have gotten into the 13s easily with a little more track time. It was a very frustrating day, we were there for 5 hours and only got to run twice. I almost left before I got to run. The worst part of the whole day was when, after waiting for hours to run, 9 brand new Porsches pulled up into an empty lane bypassing all of the other cars. They didn't have to wait at all. I guess they paid extra. Must be nice.
Anyways, with all that time waiting, I got to meet a few of the other racers. There were several brand new Mustang GTs, including a yellow Steeda. One of the GT guys(Jeff? pretty cool guy) was running mid to high 14s. I would have beaten him, heh. There were a bunch of nice cars there, and a bunch of SERIOUS cars there! The nicest one though had to be the brand new Ford GT. It was red with white stripes, super sweet ride. We talked to the owner and the car was stock except for headers, a smaller pulley for the SC and a tune. He had his own driver, and he was running 11.1 at 134MPH. He was really taking it easy though, it was an easy 10 second car. The track told him if he went over 135MPH(or was it under 11 seconds?) he'd need a full roll cage. The guy tried to argue that the GT had an intergral roll cage and were made for racing(which is true).
Enough of my rambling, here's the time slips. I'm car number 390, right lane on both runs. Be kind.
Old 2/18/06, 06:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackLX4.0 @ February 18, 2006, 8:33 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Went to the track today, finally. It was a disaster though. I don't know how may cars were there, seemed like 200 or more. I had to wait in line for the tech inspection for close to an hour. Finally got in line and someone hit the wall and shut the track down for another 2 hours or so. So I only got 2 runs, one N/A and one with the spray. The first run I accidentally staged too deep and had to back up and ended up with red light, -.038. If I had staged shallow it would have been a near perfect light, oh well. I did a small burnout and powerbrake. I spun a little off the line(with some wheel hop) and then took off. Ended up with a 15.1 which I was slightly diappointed with. I lost to an SRT-4(that was running slicks mind you!). With a little more practice I'm sure I could have gotten into the 14s. The second run was with the nitrous. I staged ok this time but I didn't rev as much at the line. I had kind of a bad reaction time this run, guess I was thinking too much about the nitrous switch and not enough about the tree. Very little wheel spin, as soon as I was sure I was hooked up, I hit the nitrous. I ended up with a 14.2@98MPH. I beat a Pontiac GXP somethingorother. I think I could have launched a little harder and maybe hit the nitrous sooner and could have gotten into the 13s easily with a little more track time. It was a very frustrating day, we were there for 5 hours and only got to run twice. I almost left before I got to run. The worst part of the whole day was when, after waiting for hours to run, 9 brand new Porsches pulled up into an empty lane bypassing all of the other cars. They didn't have to wait at all. I guess they paid extra. Must be nice.
Anyways, with all that time waiting, I got to meet a few of the other racers. There were several brand new Mustang GTs, including a yellow Steeda. One of the GT guys(Jeff? pretty cool guy) was running mid to high 14s. I would have beaten him, heh. There were a bunch of nice cars there, and a bunch of SERIOUS cars there! The nicest one though had to be the brand new Ford GT. It was red with white stripes, super sweet ride. We talked to the owner and the car was stock except for headers, a smaller pulley for the SC and a tune. He had his own driver, and he was running 11.1 at 134MPH. He was really taking it easy though, it was an easy 10 second car. The track told him if he went over 135MPH(or was it under 11 seconds?) he'd need a full roll cage. The guy tried to argue that the GT had an intergral roll cage and were made for racing(which is true).
Enough of my rambling, here's the time slips. I'm car number 390, right lane on both runs. Be kind.
[/b][/quote]

Well, as annoying as it sounds considering it was your first run of the season its actually not bad. And considering how many people were there, at least you got to break the ice a bit with the car. I'm sure your next showing will be better.

But this does bring up a good point, placement of the nitrous switch and when did it activate? I read it activates at 2500. I have not actually used mine myself.
Old 2/18/06, 06:59 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ February 18, 2006, 9:51 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Well, as annoying as it sounds considering it was your first run of the season its actually not bad. And considering how many people were there, at least you got to break the ice a bit with the car. I'm sure your next showing will be better.

But this does bring up a good point, placement of the nitrous switch and when to spray? When did you hit it?
[/b][/quote]

Thanks. I just looked up scrming's first run with the 75 shot, he ran a 14.0. He got to run 6 times though, plus he has wider tires. I'm pretty sure with a few more runs i would have hit the 13s.
Old 2/18/06, 07:00 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackLX4.0 @ February 18, 2006, 9:02 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Thanks. I just looked up scrming's first run with the 75 shot, he ran a 14.0. He got to run 6 times though, plus he has wider tires. I'm pretty sure with a few more runs i would have hit the 13s.
[/b][/quote]

13's with a 75HP shot is really good!!!! I think you will break into them for sure.
Old 2/18/06, 08:04 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Oh, updated my sig. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 2/18/06, 08:07 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you know what? its time to drop it to a 50 shot, and add a 7psi turbokit lol. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] jk

seriously though first run on the juice, a 14.2 is really good. U will hit 13s on the 75 im sure, then after a 100 or 125 shot u will hit some mid-low 13s
Old 2/18/06, 08:09 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fazm @ February 18, 2006, 11:10 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
you know what? its time to drop it to a 50 shot, and add a 7psi turbokit lol. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] jk

seriously though first run on the juice, a 14.2 is really good. U will hit 13s on the 75 im sure, then after a 100 or 125 shot u will hit some mid-low 13s
[/b][/quote]

I'll be shooting for 12s with a 125 shot. I need some drag radials. I liike the turbo idea. I've been thinking the same thing. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
Old 2/18/06, 08:12 PM
Cobra R Member

turbo, supercharger, nitrous, methonal injection, and 3 turbonators in your inlet tube!! LOL
Old 2/19/06, 06:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Bravo man.. these other guys are right.. with a little practice you'll be hittin 13s no problem [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
Old 2/19/06, 07:01 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zodiac @ February 19, 2006, 8:58 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Bravo man.. these other guys are right.. with a little practice you'll be hittin 13s no problem [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Thanks man! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/22/06, 10:51 AM
Bullitt Member

I would have left the track if I ran 14's in a GT
Old 2/22/06, 01:46 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigaloz @ February 22, 2006, 12:54 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

That's why I posted this in the V6 forums, I figured some moron like you would come along.
Old 2/27/06, 06:26 AM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackLX4.0 @ February 22, 2006, 3:49 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
That's why I posted this in the V6 forums, I figured some moron like you would come along.
[/b][/quote]
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]
Old 2/27/06, 07:04 PM
Cobra R Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigaloz @ February 22, 2006, 11:54 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

And this is a v6
Old 2/28/06, 11:55 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackLX4.0 @ February 22, 2006, 12:49 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]My guess is that he was referring to the statement below... not slamming V6's. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackLX4.0 @ February 18, 2006, 5:33 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
There were several brand new Mustang GTs, including a yellow Steeda. One of the GT guys(Jeff? pretty cool guy) was running mid to high 14s.[/b][/quote]
Old 2/28/06, 09:36 PM
Cobra R Member

Lots of mustang gt's are running 14s Some supercharged ones are running 13s Not everyone is a professional driver, nor claims to be.
Old 3/2/06, 01:48 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(don_w @ February 28, 2006, 1:58 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
My guess is that he was referring to the statement below... not slamming V6's. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

If that's the case, I'm sorry.