GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Tillman Speed

Search this Thread

Old 3/20/07, 01:31 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tillman Speed

I just ordered a load of parts from Tillman Speed, CR is a very nice guy. I recommned everybody to order from them. They have excellent prices plus the customer service is top notch.
Old 3/20/07, 01:38 PM
Former Vendor

Wow! Thanks! We appreciate the thread!

It's unbelievable how friendly the Mustang market is compared to others. We're happy to help where we can!

Thank you very much, again! Your business is greatly appreciated!!!

CR
Old 3/20/07, 01:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

I second that! I have only been able to purchase the FRPP delete plates from CR (so far) but his customer service is second to none... I'm actually very surprised I havent had any comments on the thread I started about CR's tunes... well regardless come payday I will be calling to order more goodies.
Old 3/20/07, 03:01 PM
Former Vendor

Thanks again! The tune thing is complicated. We've tuned tons of local vehicles, but the online customers tend to go with Bama and Brenspeed because they've been around tuning on here longer. We've been in business for close to 30 years, and been tuning for quite some time as well. We've been through the memcal adapters, the first flash tools that came out and stand alone systems, and now into the flash programmers such as SCT and Diablo that are **** near as good as standalone EMS's. It will take quite a few people to purchase and use and review our tunes before we have the same online presence as Doug and Brent who are very reputable and do great work! Eventually we'll work up our tuning business, as we're in the middle of working to promote it a little more right now. When we move into our facilities when the dyno is in the same building, it should raise the bar quite a bit, as the dyno facilities right now are 10-15 minutes away.

CR
Old 3/20/07, 03:27 PM

CR and TillmanSpeed are definitely top notch. That guy has put up with me so much over the past week and half and has been nothing but helpful. Can't wait to get a final tune from him for my D1 and then it's time for some fun.
Old 3/20/07, 03:36 PM

Ditto here, just ordered the 4" aluminum drive shaft and safety loop...can't wait! CR seem like a great guy...by the way CR, ever receive those photos I emailed you?
Old 3/20/07, 03:39 PM
Cobra Member

Hey CR,
I was wondering where you were located and found you on MapQuest. I was just up in your neck of the woods! I flew into Philly a couple of weeks back to do a job at the ExxonMobile plant in Paulsboro, NJ.
I might be up there this coming Monday and maybe I'll get a chance to stop by and check out your shop.
John
Old 3/20/07, 04:26 PM
Former Vendor

Paul,

Just got the email! Looks awesome! I love it!!! For anyone who wants to know, email me at chris.rose@apdperformance.com rather than cr@tillmanspeed.com. Thanks again for all the kind comments!
Old 3/20/07, 04:27 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by pville piper
Hey CR,
I was wondering where you were located and found you on MapQuest. I was just up in your neck of the woods! I flew into Philly a couple of weeks back to do a job at the ExxonMobile plant in Paulsboro, NJ.
I might be up there this coming Monday and maybe I'll get a chance to stop by and check out your shop.
John
Awesome! We're just off I-95 about 1 mile-2 miles! We'll look forward to seeing you! Let me know if you need any directions! THANKS AGAIN!

CR
Old 3/20/07, 04:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverPOISON
I just ordered a load of parts from Tillman Speed, CR is a very nice guy. I recommned everybody to order from them. They have excellent prices plus the customer service is top notch.
+1 to that! CR sold me my shifter - good price, good service.
Old 3/20/07, 04:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hey CR.. I understand what you mean about Doug and Brent being more known but just for all the great service and advice you have given me. I will definetly ghet that C&L race intake from you as well as the tune. Hey if you dont mind me asking... which dealerships in my area do you know someone in? Monroe ford isnt even calling me back. I spoke to a nice guy @ a dealership in NJ. Problem is I have no way to get the car there. You see I cant drive in Jersey... long story ha ha. Let me know of any leads. Man this is becoming such a headache!! Thanks again for always being so willing to help. I will certainly be giving you as much business as I can.
Old 3/20/07, 05:09 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by SilverPOISON
I purchased from PMP and they give great service also.
Old 3/20/07, 05:41 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I 7th that
Old 3/20/07, 06:31 PM
Cobra R Member

i'll be buying subframe connectors off CR within a couple weeks, cant wait great guy
Old 3/20/07, 06:48 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Mongoose
I purchased from PMP and they give great service also.
Josh and Kevin @ PMP are great as well !!! but this thread is about Tillman Speed.
Old 3/20/07, 08:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

+1 I ordered my DS and saftey loop on Monday, hoping to get it and install it this weekend

oh by the way, anyone have the torque specs on the driveshaft bolts off the top of thier head?
Old 3/20/07, 08:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by TillmanSpeed
Thanks again! The tune thing is complicated. We've tuned tons of local vehicles, but the online customers tend to go with Bama and Brenspeed because they've been around tuning on here longer. We've been in business for close to 30 years, and been tuning for quite some time as well. We've been through the memcal adapters, the first flash tools that came out and stand alone systems, and now into the flash programmers such as SCT and Diablo that are **** near as good as standalone EMS's. It will take quite a few people to purchase and use and review our tunes before we have the same online presence as Doug and Brent who are very reputable and do great work! Eventually we'll work up our tuning business, as we're in the middle of working to promote it a little more right now. When we move into our facilities when the dyno is in the same building, it should raise the bar quite a bit, as the dyno facilities right now are 10-15 minutes away.

CR

Hey CR,

Whens the new facility going to open up??!! Can't wait for that!!!
Old 3/20/07, 09:19 PM
Former Vendor

Thanks again for all the great comments, fellas! The new facility is about 6-8 months away. We're working out details on everything as we speak. We want to try and move after our busy season at the end of fall into winter. So it will be a little while, but we PROMISE it will be worth the wait!!!!

Rafael, will PM you with some details on the dealership tomorrow!

Again, I appreciate everyone's kind comments, I'm floored. We're glad everyone is happy with us thus-far! We will continue to better things for you, with our online store, and automate the process of purchasing a little bit, as we're still very 1995 without our online catalog being full.

In any event, thank you very much! Let us know if there's ANYTHING we can do!

CR
Old 3/21/07, 05:13 AM
V6 Member

take the plunge

I'm going to call and order a tune from CR today..I presently have the bama 93 race tune and will be installing the delete plates I bought fromCR this weekend.I will load up both tunes and give an honest evaluation of both.I love my Bama tunes now,but Tillman's customer service is great so I hope his tunes are the same.
Old 3/21/07, 05:34 AM
Team Mustang Source

CR is great! gave me great deal on Brakes! But still waiting for them to come off backorder!

Any word there CR??

Quick Reply: Tillman Speed