GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

for those with supercharger/turbo/NOS

Search this Thread

Old 4/18/06, 04:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what type of gagues are you guys using? CDC pod, Saleen pod, A pillar? what are you all using and what gagues ie temp, boost, oil pressure or temp......
Old 4/18/06, 04:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have four gauges I'm putting in: boost/vac, water temp, fuel pressure, and wideband AFR. The first three are Autometer Nexus, and the AFR is an AEM. The AEM and the boost are going in an SOS A-pillar pod (not installed yet). The water temp and fuel pressure are mounted in the dash. This is what they look like:

Old 4/18/06, 04:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Fuel pressure and N20 pressure on the a-pillar.
Old 4/18/06, 05:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

don_w where did you get that center piece wit hthe cutouts for the gauges or did you cut it yourself. i am trying to avoid cutting or modifying the interior as much as possible. i am set on dustin's a pillar pod with 2 gauges but i think i need 2 or 3 more. i was figuring i need the following:

A/F
Oil pressure
Boost
Water Temp
Oil Temp

How important are all of these and are they all needed or am i worrying too much? which would you get if say you had to pick the 2 most important. or am i leaving any gauges out?
Old 4/18/06, 06:47 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(94tbird @ April 18, 2006, 4:19 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
don_w where did you get that center piece wit hthe cutouts for the gauges or did you cut it yourself. i am trying to avoid cutting or modifying the interior as much as possible. i am set on dustin's a pillar pod with 2 gauges but i think i need 2 or 3 more. i was figuring i need the following:

A/F
Oil pressure
Boost
Water Temp
Oil Temp

How important are all of these and are they all needed or am i worrying too much? which would you get if say you had to pick the 2 most important. or am i leaving any gauges out?
[/b][/quote]

Well, first of all, you saw which four gauges I have (boost/vac, water temp, fuel pressure, and wideband AFR)... those were most important to me. And I have the same SOS pillar pod that dustin is using. If I figure out a way to add another one, then it will probably be oil pressure.

I'm not really fond of any of the dashtop-mounted center pods I've seen so far. They all looked "tacked" on to me. So I decided to go the center vent panel route. And yes, I took the dash apart and did it myself. I think I posted the details before the site crash... but they are probably gone now. I'll repost them in a little while.

EDIT: Here's a link to the center vent panel gauge installation post: http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?s=...ndpost&p=666804
Old 4/18/06, 08:13 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(94tbird @ April 18, 2006, 6:19 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

A/F
Oil pressure
Boost
Water Temp
Oil Temp

[/b][/quote]

I would go with:

A/F (Go wideband or go home)
Oil Pressure
Boost
Fuel Pressure

Fuel pressure and Oil pressure would be my most important. Loose either one and you're toast. A/F is nice if you like dancing lights but it isn't really necessary. Boost is a good one to have but only if you have room.
Old 4/18/06, 08:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

what do you guys mean wideband?

Also when you say water temp, is that for the intercooler or the car? doesntthe car have the water temp in the clsuter?
Old 4/18/06, 09:29 PM
Bullitt Member

It's a more accurate guage that's already on the car. No real point to it in my opinion.
Old 4/18/06, 09:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

ive gotta pick the most important 2. what shouuld they be. i can ald will add others down the road a bit but ive only got the luxury of 2 at the moment
Old 4/18/06, 10:07 PM
Bullitt Member

It's a tough decision for a blower car. Why not just get a 3 guage apillar pod with Boost, oil pressure, and fuel pressure?
Old 4/18/06, 10:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

what happened to A/F lol
Old 4/18/06, 10:58 PM

I want the water temp gauge for racing. With the eH2O pump and remote fan switch, I can cool the car down in minutes. For bracket racing, getting the car to the same temp before every run will mean much more consistency. And that's significant for bracket racing.
Old 4/18/06, 11:14 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(94tbird @ April 18, 2006, 11:53 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
what happened to A/F lol
[/b][/quote]

It's not worth the trouble.