GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

For those with an SCT Xcal 2

Search this Thread

Old 1/27/06, 03:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Could someone e-mail me a tune for the Xcal. I just want to plug it into SCT's Live Link (or extreme tune) to get a feel for the program and what it is capable of before I buy one.

thanx.

mmills97@cogeco.ca
Old 1/28/06, 10:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Nobody can help a guy out?
Old 1/28/06, 01:11 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you do a little research here, you can find several outstanding tuners that you can purchase a tune from. You can afford a new Mustang but you can't afford the 50 bucks give or take for a tune file? It is not fair and unethical in my opinion for people to share tunes. We have a lot of respect for the tuners on this board and they have worked hard to provide us with great tunes and should be compensated for their work.

I hope I didn't offend you by this post, but do what is right and buy a tune. Besides you can get a custom canned tuned based on your mods from one of the tuners. Each cold air intake has its own custom tuning for it so that you will have to get from one of the tuners.

Just my honest and ethical opinion.
Old 1/28/06, 01:36 PM
Bullitt Member

if you want to play with a tune, just go to sctflash.com and browse the forums, some people post their tunes but there for ford explorers and crap. you can still tune the same parameters though
Old 1/29/06, 06:42 AM
Cobra R Member

I think the xcal2 has to have your computer's 4 digit code to talk to it properly as well.

as for the tune.....you will not be disappointed. It is the best 600 bucks you can spend.
Old 1/29/06, 08:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by pjdami@January 28, 2006, 4:14 PM
If you do a little research here, you can find several outstanding tuners that you can purchase a tune from. You can afford a new Mustang but you can't afford the 50 bucks give or take for a tune file? It is not fair and unethical in my opinion for people to share tunes. We have a lot of respect for the tuners on this board and they have worked hard to provide us with great tunes and should be compensated for their work.

I hope I didn't offend you by this post, but do what is right and buy a tune. Besides you can get a custom canned tuned based on your mods from one of the tuners. Each cold air intake has its own custom tuning for it so that you will have to get from one of the tuners.

Just my honest and ethical opinion.
I'm not looking to us ethis tune....I don't even have an SCT tuner yet, and when I do get one, it will come with a tune from JLT. I am just curious to see what the data logging programs that SCT puts out are capable of doing. I appreciate your concern, but you may have misunderstood what i wanted a tune for....I don't even care if it is the stock tune, just something to open up in the program.
Old 1/29/06, 08:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by ren274u@January 28, 2006, 4:39 PM
if you want to play with a tune, just go to sctflash.com and browse the forums, some people post their tunes but there for ford explorers and crap. you can still tune the same parameters though
I'll see what I can find, thanks.
Old 1/29/06, 09:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Mike,
AS stated before your best bet is going to SCT and joining the forums; then read as much as you can.
BTW you wont be disappointed buying it.
Old 1/29/06, 09:38 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by DaTT(1sK)@January 29, 2006, 11:01 AM
I'm not looking to us ethis tune....I don't even have an SCT tuner yet, and when I do get one, it will come with a tune from JLT. I am just curious to see what the data logging programs that SCT puts out are capable of doing. I appreciate your concern, but you may have misunderstood what i wanted a tune for....I don't even care if it is the stock tune, just something to open up in the program.
Yeah.... I misunderstood what you wanted the tune for. Its still not cool to share tunes though. If you can get a "freebie" on the SCT forum like the others have said then you can experiment around.

Sorry about the misunderstanding.
Old 1/29/06, 09:52 AM
Bullitt Member

I have done some searching on the SCT forums and found a tune in xtr format.....didn't really show me much. I guess what i really want to know is:

Can you edit the info from the data logging program with actual numbers......can my tuner guy tune my car properly when I upgrade more stuff.

I am ordering my JLT stuff tomorrow.