GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Is there a special Shelby-H tune?

Search this Thread

Old 1/26/07, 09:30 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,242 Likes on 1,792 Posts
Originally Posted by metroplex
Please do add some more question marks. I'm not sure you used enough. The stock air inlet tube is not a restriction. The stock airbox lid and stock MAF/housing ARE restrictions. The Saleen upgraded airbox lid and MAF looks to be an excellent design. The resolution of the air transfer function may be suited for supercharged applications (same way as the 90mm Lightning MAF is to a naturally aspirated Mustang) or it may not. However, you incorrectly said, "Therefore there would be very little to be gained if anything at all if you were to replace the Mustang's stock airbox with Saleen's.." The Saleen unit uses a revised airbox lid and larger MAF housing.

On the 4.6 2V Panthers, going to a revised airbox lid with a larger MAF housing yields a 15-20 fwhp gain over the stock airbox. Raising the roof of the airbox lid increases the volume of that plenum which can effectively increase the amount of airflow going into the engine. On the other hand, the ribs on the stock air inlet tube are not restrictions regardless of how many question marks you use.
If you find the question marks as that annoying Mr. Wile E. Coyote ? then nobody's pointing a gun to your head forcing you to submit replies against your will now is there.. so now you come up with this ridiculous statement about the air transfer function maybe suited for supercharger applications ? Good lord man, you previously acknowledged in your very own words about the Saleen airbox being designed exclusively for his supercharger applications and now all of a sudden you claim that it maybe suitable ? well duh of course it's suitable being that's what his airbox was designed for ! sheeze you can't make up your mind from one minute to the next, so what's going to be your next contradiction ? never mind I don't even want to know lol.. As for the inlet tube, once again this is strictly your opinion and yours alone and then of course there's the same old comparison in which you continuously bring up over and over again concerning the 4.6 2v panther's Crown Vic which again has absloutely nothing in common with the Mustang GT's 4.6 3v nor has anything to do with the subject at hand..So why is it that nobody else in this thread who uses these aftermarket intakes seem to agree with your opinions other than yourself ? well here's a hint.. you've demonstrated time and time again that you don't know what in the hell your talking about let alone possess the IQ to back any of it up and although my punctuation skills may need some brushing up after 25+ years ? at least I don't resort to throwing adolescent remarks up in somebody's face just because I may not agree with their opinion for the sole purpose of discrediting them LMAO.. so why don't you do yourself a favor ? stop hi-jacking these threads and keep your personal opinions to yourself, because nobody's listening nor does anyone give a rat's A$$..