GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Thanks to Doug @ Bamachips

Search this Thread

Old 9/5/06, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Thanks to Doug @ Bamachips

I just wanted to say thanks to Doug @ Bamachips. About a week ago I had ford put in my 4.10 gears. When I picked up the car the service guy said the speedo was off, I told him no problem I had one of Doug's tunes waiting to be loaded. That afternoon I loaded the tune and the car wuld not start. After speaking to Doug he sent a new tune, still no luck. I had to have the car towed to Ford who in turn told me I cleared the PCM. Again I spoke to Doug and he said he was willing to send me a new XCAL2 even though I didn't purchase my original from him. After I recieved the new XCAL2 I went to Ford to load a new tune, and agian it cleared the PCM. I called Doug from Ford who by the way was at the national mustang show but was still willing to help. He advised me to check the calibration code on the XCAL2 and compare it to the calibration for the car and sure enough they were different. When Ford replaced the gears they flashed the pcm and updated it. Before Doug left for the show Saturday morning he sent me a new tune and my car was back to normal. I must say if anybody is having thoughts about using Doug I would highly recommend him. He could have told me to call who I originally purchased my XCAL and deal with them but he did not. I also felt like he truely cared about my problem and was willing to do what ever he could to correct it. My sincere thanks go out to Doug Studdard @ Bamachips
Thanks..........Ed
Old 9/5/06, 08:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

sweet....

I'm waiting for mine to ship/arrive hopefully soon...

I'm starting to get tired of hte laggy response when I hit the gas...
Old 9/5/06, 10:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The same thing happened to me this weekend when I had 3.73 gears installed. Doug said it seams to just be happening to the VDX1 computer. The X2 should not load a tune if the stock calibration has been changed but for some reason with the latest software version on the VDX1 it loads anyway and wipes everything out. Doug said he is going to get with SCT and try a correct the problem.

Earl
Old 9/7/06, 08:42 AM
V6 Member

The man (doug) obviously knows what it takes to make customers happy and keep them for life.

Unfortunately, good customer service isn't easy to find these days.
Old 9/18/06, 09:24 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by sprint200
I just wanted to say thanks to Doug @ Bamachips. About a week ago I had ford put in my 4.10 gears. When I picked up the car the service guy said the speedo was off, I told him no problem I had one of Doug's tunes waiting to be loaded. That afternoon I loaded the tune and the car wuld not start. After speaking to Doug he sent a new tune, still no luck. I had to have the car towed to Ford who in turn told me I cleared the PCM. Again I spoke to Doug and he said he was willing to send me a new XCAL2 even though I didn't purchase my original from him. After I recieved the new XCAL2 I went to Ford to load a new tune, and agian it cleared the PCM. I called Doug from Ford who by the way was at the national mustang show but was still willing to help. He advised me to check the calibration code on the XCAL2 and compare it to the calibration for the car and sure enough they were different. When Ford replaced the gears they flashed the pcm and updated it. Before Doug left for the show Saturday morning he sent me a new tune and my car was back to normal. I must say if anybody is having thoughts about using Doug I would highly recommend him. He could have told me to call who I originally purchased my XCAL and deal with them but he did not. I also felt like he truely cared about my problem and was willing to do what ever he could to correct it. My sincere thanks go out to Doug Studdard @ Bamachips
Thanks..........Ed
My local tuner has issued a warning about some stuff:

If you have to take your Mustang back to the dealer for service and re-flash your car back to stock you need to do this:
Read the strategy for your pcm with the Xcal2 and write it down.
Reflash the car back to stock
Bring to dealer
Before re-loading your custom tune read the strategy again and compare to the one you wrote down.
If all 7 digits match perfectly go ahead and load the custom tune.
If even one digit doesn't match DO NOT load the custom tune.
If you do it will erase your pcm and disable the car.
Call me or email me and what you need to do is bring the tuner to the shop so I can unlock it. Then you can go ahead and re-load the tune.
We're finding that Ford re-flashes the pcm during some service visits and use a newer updated code. This will not match the code we used to load the Xcal2 and will not work until updated.
Pete
Old 9/19/06, 11:10 AM
Cobra R Member

Thanks for that info. We probably need to make a note that when we take our car to the dealership, we tag it or something....letting them know not to update the computer.
Old 9/19/06, 01:37 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
You know, you could have just loaded the stock tune instead of having it towed.
Old 9/20/06, 05:34 PM

Jimp
When the dealership updated the calibration code it didn't match my custom tune. In turn the flash cleared the pcm and it would no longer accept the stock tune. Now that the calibration codes match I can load all tunes with no problems.