GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Temp gauge

Search this Thread

Old 1/19/07, 06:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Temp gauge

On the way to work this morning I noticed my temp gauge was reading high almost in the red zone.I checked the antifreeze level and it was full.When I left work the gauge read normal (halfway).I stopped at a store and when I come out the gauge was reading below the far left lines and it will not move at all now.I noticed that in the owners manual there are about 6 fuses for the instrument cluster.Does anyone know which one is for the temp gauge??
Does this sound like a fuse problem??
Old 1/19/07, 06:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does not sound like a fuse problem. A fuse/circuit breaker problem would make the gauge just not work, not work strangely. It sounds more like either a temp. sensor going bad or the computer messing up. (the gauges are actually all controlled by the car's main computer. The water temp, oil pressure, voltage, and fuel sensors all feed their data to the computer, which then controlls the gauge position.) Take it to the dealer and have them check it out if you are under warranty. Your mods should not have any effect on the temperature gauge, so they should not give you any trouble about them.