GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Suspension opinions..

Search this Thread

Old 8/22/06, 10:33 AM
eci
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suspension opinions..

I'm coming from a 5.0 with Tokiko Illumina's, Eibach Pro-Kit springs, and full chassis bracing to a 2007 GT.

Any opinions/comparisons of:

FRPP handling pack

versus

Eibach pro-kit, Tokiko D-spec, frpp brace and swaybars?
Old 8/22/06, 02:05 PM
Meet Krissy, Our Star Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't offer a comparison, but i can offer my opinion of the pro-kits and d-specs. have had the pro-kits for a few months and loved the look, hated the ride. too bouncy, very rough, unrefined. however, never bottomed out or scraped.

just installed the d-specs and they're fantastic...have tried 4 turns back from full firm (front and rear) and thus far they are great...the car is balanced and smooth. am looking to add a few more items once i have the money (steeda drag pack - front and rear adj control arms, adj panhard + control arm relocation kit). and maybe sway bar kit and strut tower brace.

sigh....not enough cash!

in short: pro kits alone = bad. pro kits + d specs = magic.
Old 8/22/06, 05:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll second the Prokits + Tokico D-specs. I don't have swaybars yet, but do plan on picking up a set of either the Eibach or Ford Racing swaybars (same thing basically). The ride is a dramatic improvement over stock, and I thought the stock handling wasn't too shabby.

I've read in a few places now that while the FRPP springs and swaybars are good (made by Eibach), the damping on the struts just isn't quite right and give a pretty harsh ride compared to stock.

I think that no matter what performance springs are chosen, the Tokico D-specs are a perfect solution due to their wide range of adjustment. If you want a plush ride, you can set them to ride plusher than stock (even with stiffer aftermarket springs!). If you want to ride around in a floor jack, you can set them to their stiffest setting. I think most of us have settled on somewhere in between, yielding a ride that handles far superior to stock without being uncomfortable.