GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Suspension Modification ?

Search this Thread

Old 4/7/05, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been searching through the threads and found some great reads, some in particular:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index....opic=12978&hl=

and

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index....opic=15910&st=

I like to get an upto date view on suspension equipment available to improve the handling and stance of the 05 GT. I like the look that the Eibach Pro kit springs give you, however, I wonder if a spring kit is going to be enough.

Does anyone have experience/thoughts of going for a complete suspension change, like Saleen, Eibach, Ground-Control etc. I understand that Saleen have spent a lot of time with Ford and are known for good suspension systems, correct me if I am wrong.

My driving takes me on twisty roads and highways, with most of them being relatively uneven. With my current car, I am used to a firm-to-hard ride.

Ultimately I'd like to reduce the body-roll of the GT and therefore improve cornering ability, which I don't mind sacrificing ride quality to get.....saying that, not teeth shattering hard

After reading the threads my current thoughts on improvements are:

1. Good quality wider, low profile tires
2. option 1, will allow me to increase wheel diameter
3. upgrade suspension - springs or complete kit

Thanks in advance
Old 4/8/05, 07:30 PM

I put the ground control kit on my car, and love it!

It is fully adjustable for ride hight, and front alignment, the parts are all quality.
Definately makes it stiffer, (they offer you different rate springs, and I opted for the higher rate ones for track use).

My only complaint twould be that mearely for looks, there is not enough adjustment in the ride height, (that is to say I think the car would look better lower). This can be fixed with shorter springs, or by cutting the springs, I just have not had time yet to mess with that.

I realy cant say enough about their product or support
Old 4/9/05, 04:16 AM

Originally posted by ilesjohn@April 9, 2005, 1:33 AM
I put the ground control kit on my car, and love it!

It is fully adjustable for ride hight, and front alignment, the parts are all quality.
Definately makes it stiffer, (they offer you different rate springs, and I opted for the higher rate ones for track use).

My only complaint twould be that mearely for looks, there is not enough adjustment in the ride height, (that is to say I think the car would look better lower). This can be fixed with shorter springs, or by cutting the springs, I just have not had time yet to mess with that.

I realy cant say enough about their product or support
Thanks for the post John. I had not even heard of Ground Control until I read the forums here. By how much did/does the kit lower the car by?

Thanks