GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Superchargers and tune questions....

Search this Thread

Old 11/18/06, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Superchargers and tune questions....

Hey guys, I'm new here and love the forum. Got a few questions. I'm having my dealer install a Roush Supercharger for me in a few weeks on my '07 GT. They told me that they have to send the ECM to Roush for reprogramming. I was wondering if Bamachips or Brentspeed have tunes for SC applications. I searched and haven't found much info. And if they do have them, what kind of gains have some of you seen with a different tune?
Old 11/18/06, 09:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
I don't know what experience Brent has specifically with the Roush blower; but I bet his tunes will likely be more aggressive than Roush's tunes. However, doing something other than the Roush tune may void your warranty. I would check with Roush first, and then Brenspeed second. www.brenspeed.com
Old 11/18/06, 09:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Changing the tune Roush does will void your warranty through Roush. Roush sets their tune on the "safe" side basically allowing them to sell their SC as a direct bolt on to a stock motor with the least amount of chance to blow the engine. This allows them to pick up the remainder of the 3/36000 if something breaks due to the charger withoput them losing a lot of money.

If you are going with Roush for the warranty you might want to leave it be until your warranty is up, your car is going to be plenty fast.

Steeda has a package they can do (Tune/CAI) that will put a Roushcharged Stang around 380HP at the wheels. Not sure what the RWHP is on tune from Roush (340RWHP maybe), haven't had my car Dyno'd yet.
Old 11/19/06, 05:23 AM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll have to find the magazine article, but I think I remember the RoushCharger being at around 360 at the rearwheels
Old 11/19/06, 01:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Before you buy the Rousch. Contact JDM Engineering at TeamJDM.com ask for JimmIII. They have the Saleen blower with a safe tune putting out 425+ hp. They have installed over 500 with no reported problems.

By the way I have no connection to them other than I am saving to purchase one of their kits.

Neil
Old 11/19/06, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by NDHESQ
Before you buy the Rousch. Contact JDM Engineering at TeamJDM.com ask for JimmIII. They have the Saleen blower with a safe tune putting out 425+ hp. They have installed over 500 with no reported problems.

By the way I have no connection to them other than I am saving to purchase one of their kits.

Neil

Thanks for some answers guys!!! Much appreciated. I'm not buying a Saleen blower....I would be wasting my money. I am getting a Roush blower from the dealership for alot less than they are paying for it, with installation included. Some dumb *** kids washed my car when I had the hood repainted(factory screw up) and put swirl marks all over my car. All that after I told them to NOT WASH MY CAR. They then tried a porter cable on the swirls and made it worse. The dealer doesn't want to repaint my entire car, so I snapped. They asked me what would make me happy, and I said a Roush supercharger at a discounted rate and a lower finance rate, and repaint the hood,scoop,roof, and trunk lid. So basically, my monthly payments are evened out to the point where it is about the same as I was paying before. I had a meeting with the owner, whom my company does HUGE business for, on Friday and he gave it the green light. Remember fellas, the sqeaky wheel ALWAYS gets greased. I work for a company as a service manager and you have to do whatever it takes to keep your customers happy. Sometimes you gotta eat **** and like it.
Old 11/19/06, 03:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

JDM hasnt installed over 500 Saleens. They said the saleen kit is on over 500 cars. But regardless of the fact, JDM's reputation is good and they do a good job
Old 11/19/06, 08:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
The 425HP on the Saleens is not RWHP though is it? The Roushcharger is putting (ok, advertised) as 115 HP + a possible 12 on the tune putting it at 427HP at the flywheel. The +12 on the tune is whats in the 427R, not sure if it's different then the ones they used on the staged cars.
Old 11/19/06, 08:20 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ryan07GT
Thanks for some answers guys!!! Much appreciated. I'm not buying a Saleen blower....I would be wasting my money. I am getting a Roush blower from the dealership for alot less than they are paying for it, with installation included. Some dumb *** kids washed my car when I had the hood repainted(factory screw up) and put swirl marks all over my car. All that after I told them to NOT WASH MY CAR. They then tried a porter cable on the swirls and made it worse. The dealer doesn't want to repaint my entire car, so I snapped. They asked me what would make me happy, and I said a Roush supercharger at a discounted rate and a lower finance rate, and repaint the hood,scoop,roof, and trunk lid. So basically, my monthly payments are evened out to the point where it is about the same as I was paying before. I had a meeting with the owner, whom my company does HUGE business for, on Friday and he gave it the green light. Remember fellas, the sqeaky wheel ALWAYS gets greased. I work for a company as a service manager and you have to do whatever it takes to keep your customers happy. Sometimes you gotta eat **** and like it.
HMmmmmmmmmm
Old 11/19/06, 09:57 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Found this article on Roush Stage 3. http://www.musclemustangfastfords.co...h_stage_3.html

MMFF got 391rwhp and 385lbs torq on a dynojet
Old 11/19/06, 10:02 PM
V6 Member

Wow, that's disturbing... still it's good to be reminded every once in a while there are people like Ryan around.
Old 11/20/06, 05:59 AM
Bullitt Member

JDM has a kit for approx 425 rwhp and another for 450 rwhp. The kit includes a CAI and their specific tune,Check out their website TeamJDM.com. And TBird you are right I miss typed. They have SOLD over 500 of their kits that HAVE been installed without problems. I apologize for the error. They have many satisfied customers who regularly post their experiences on ModularFords.com.

Again I have no connection other than planning to purchase one myself.

Neil
Old 11/20/06, 06:22 AM
Team Mustang Source

or you can consider the Ford Racing / Whipple Supercharger, put you at 475RWHP, as claimed, and get a SAFE tune from Ford.
Old 11/20/06, 10:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Oh heck since this thread has turned into recommendations of favorite installers and/or kits, I vote Brenspeed. They have a Paxton blower or a Hellion turbo kit that will make more power than JDM's kit for less cash! No engine failures so far either!
Old 11/20/06, 01:58 PM
GT Member

I'm going with Brenspeed this spring I talked to Brent and he has serveral of them installed on vehicles with no problems, 440 rwhp 6,000.00 installed price includes everything needed including a dyno run, this is for the chrome unit.
Old 11/20/06, 03:00 PM
GT Member

I thought that if you read the fine print, that Roush's set-up will not have any kind of warranty unless it is installed by Roush. I know that I've been told this more than once. Am I wrong?
Old 11/20/06, 07:57 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Originally Posted by helicfii
I thought that if you read the fine print, that Roush's set-up will not have any kind of warranty unless it is installed by Roush. I know that I've been told this more than once. Am I wrong?
This same issue came up a few months ago.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...9&postcount=10