GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Stock tune with larger injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 3/18/14, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock tune with larger injectors?

Hi there, had a turbo on the 08, took it off for this summer but still have my 340 lph fuel pump and 47 lb injectors in the car. If I set the car to the stock tune, will the car still run and drive fine? I believe that it would still flow just the same amount of fuel on the stock tune if I had stock pump and stock injectors in it because its all to do with the computer isnt it? Any help would be appreciated
Old 3/22/14, 08:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The car isn't going to identify the injector. It will put out a signal that will activate the injector and the stock tune is going to assume the stock injector is in there.

You most likely will immediately have a rich condition, which the car will sense from the 02 sensors and attempt to lean it out by changing the signal to the injectors. The timing and the input from the MAF will play into how the car reacts and corrects for the injectors.

I'm hoping that the 47 to 39lb difference is within the factory ECU capabilities to cut back. Good news is you will only foul out your plugs and not burn up a piston.

I say try it and go drive. If you see fuel or smell fuel at the exhaust...you'll have to put stock injectors back in. If it seems good after a few startups, I would pull one plug (minimum) to look at what color/ condition they are in.

Good luck.