GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Stock fuel pump replaced with another oem, bap, Retune?

Search this Thread

Old 11/15/16, 11:04 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stock fuel pump replaced with another oem, bap, Retune?

So I got rear ended. I have the stock fuel pump with the kenne belle boost a pump. The pump died, not sure how, Its not the inertia switch, but I dont really care, insurance is covering it. I have considered just going with a new and better pump all around, but the only pumps I have found that are within the price insurance quoted me for are not in tank pumps and will require additional plumbing. The shop is doing the work so It isnt me just being lazy. The only in tank pump that I could find (aeromotive) was like $900 or something and then plus the retune that I would for sure need. On top of all of this, an oem replacement is already in the mail.

So Ill be going with the oem pump and putting on the bap again. Will I need a retune? Im at 470 wheel so I dont have much room for error. I know it is the same pump so in my mind, I shouldnt, but at the same time each individual product is slightly different so I dont know for sure if something will be off by a little bit or not. If something IS off, I dont know if that difference will be negligible. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Old 11/16/16, 07:01 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
This place is telling you the accident cause your fuel pump to go out? Sounds weird to me for sure. Most time you just need to reset the fuel cut off switch. I know that is not what you were asking but what the heck. Have you called Brenspeed or any of the other high performance shops?
Old 11/16/16, 11:49 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not yet I havent. I dont know how the accident caused it, but since it doesnt affect my wallet I dont want to bother figuring it out. As long as it works as good or better than it did before. I guess its possible that it just happened to die at this point in time. But yeah I plan on calling around in a bit. Just wanted to see what the forums say but I never seem to get many responses haha. Oh well
Old 11/22/16, 07:06 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
http://www.brenspeed.com/9-305-1034.html