GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Steeda Pullies installed

Search this Thread

Old 6/15/05, 10:48 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, I've had my pullies longer than I've had the car, but it took me a month to get them installed. I wanted to do it by myself, and thanks to my neighbor borrowing a couple tools from work, and a little help with the manual impact wrench, I got it done tonight. I also thought to weigh the original crank pulley/balancer, and the new one.

The original weighed 9.4 lbs on my digital bathroom scale, and the Steeda weighed in at 6.0 lbs.

I've taken a couple pictures, one with the pullies all laid out together, originals on the right, Steeda on the left. The second shot is of the front of the engine with both pullies off, and the third is with the new ones on. I took it for a little spin afterwards, and it's definitely fast, but I don't know how much of a difference it made. Someday I'll make it to a dyno and get the car tested, but for now, I'll just enjoy driving it around.
Old 6/16/05, 08:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by jayguy@June 15, 2005, 11:51 PM
Well, I've had my pullies longer than I've had the car, but it took me a month to get them installed. I wanted to do it by myself, and thanks to my neighbor borrowing a couple tools from work, and a little help with the manual impact wrench, I got it done tonight. I also thought to weigh the original crank pulley/balancer, and the new one.

The original weighed 9.4 lbs on my digital bathroom scale, and the Steeda weighed in at 6.0 lbs.

I've taken a couple pictures, one with the pullies all laid out together, originals on the right, Steeda on the left. The second shot is of the front of the engine with both pullies off, and the third is with the new ones on. I took it for a little spin afterwards, and it's definitely fast, but I don't know how much of a difference it made. Someday I'll make it to a dyno and get the car tested, but for now, I'll just enjoy driving it around.
How easy/hard was in the install? How long did it take you?

Nice job!
Old 6/16/05, 11:29 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I had a little bit of trouble getting the crank pulley off, so the whole thing took about 2 hours of me fumbling around. Someone else posted yesterday to take the electric fan out, so I did that, and that took a few minutes. That gave me lots of room in front of the engine, even though I wasn't using an electric impact wrench and didn't need it for that. It did make it easier to get to the pulley and crankshaft though. It all went back on easily, and everything looks like it lined up perfectly.

All in all, having the right tools definitely helps.