GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Steeda Camber Adjusters

Search this Thread

Old 8/10/05, 09:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone installed the Steeda camber adjusters for the 05? I have the Eibach pro kit. The dealer says the alignment is in spec but the camber looks a bit off to me. Are they easy to instqall, or send them to the shop? I have pretty fair mechanical ability.
Old 8/11/05, 11:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by covertaxn@August 10, 2005, 8:14 PM
Anyone installed the Steeda camber adjusters for the 05? I have the Eibach pro kit. The dealer says the alignment is in spec but the camber looks a bit off to me. Are they easy to instqall, or send them to the shop? I have pretty fair mechanical ability.
Do a search: There are other cheaper and perhaps less invasive options available. Look for the write-up by "afixer". Here's a piece of it:

"When i took it in for my front end bushing replacement at the Ford dealership where I bought it. The head mechanic a friend of mine for almost 30 years installed my Steeda Pro [sic] kit for me since he had the front springs out anyway. Took about an hour for the front. The new springs are about three inches shorter but thicker so they don’t sag as much after reinstalled in the housing.

Now the camber is off (in the red) and the Mustang does not have adjusters. so he ordered a kid from his ford sanctioned vender about $ 40.00 (4 bolts, adjusting basically) real clean they allowed him to put it back into speck 20 min on the ford 4-wheel laser alignment rack they just installed last year. "

So I did the same thing, and it was not a problem: How about under $200 for everything, including the adjusters [I picked up the springs at California Mustang for $240]? Since the kit doesn't require elongating holes or any of that, it is easier and cheaper, though it probably has less adjustment than the Steeda system.

Mike
05 GT lime