GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Steeda CAI and Bamachips 93 Race Tune really suck!

Search this Thread

Old 7/8/07, 11:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steeda CAI and Bamachips 93 Race Tune really suck!

The Reverend installed the Steeda CAI and the Bamachips 93 Race Tune today. The Steeda CAI really sucks in the air! It is louder than the exhaust at WOT. The exhaust sounds deeper. The Mustang drives better than before in the following ways. RPMs no longer hang between shifts. RPMs no longer drop when you release the gas pedal, instead the car maintains the RPMs. The throttle response is more precise. The throttle can be feathered unlike before. The tires break loose in second gear.
Attached Thumbnails Steeda CAI and Bamachips 93 Race Tune really suck!-caistock.jpg   Steeda CAI and Bamachips 93 Race Tune really suck!-caioff.jpg   Steeda CAI and Bamachips 93 Race Tune really suck!-caicomplete.jpg   Steeda CAI and Bamachips 93 Race Tune really suck!-caicloseup.jpg  
Old 7/8/07, 12:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am anxiously awaiting mine. It's sitting at UPS waiting to be delivered tomorrow. From Brenspeed with XCAL 2 and tunes. This is my first modification. Besides the wide grin that I can expect upon arrival, are there any precautions to take electronically before I have at it? I have read about removing some fuses first. Should I check the strategy codes first to make sure it was never reflashed at one of my four oil changes? Any other suggestions would be appreciated!
Old 7/8/07, 12:25 PM

Are there any concerns about sucking in water from the space between the hood and body panel since it is not water tight?
Old 7/8/07, 01:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Rev,

what did you have to do to get just the tune from Bama? just email them and tell them what you want and then they email it back?

I just have the standard steeda tune that came with the SCT tuner and intake kit from Steeda

Thanks

Sam
Old 7/8/07, 02:45 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by sams66
Rev,

what did you have to do to get just the tune from Bama? just email them and tell them what you want and then they email it back?

I just have the standard steeda tune that came with the SCT tuner and intake kit from Steeda

Thanks

Sam
Essentially yes, you can order a tune for 75 I belive or a set of 3 tunes for 180 I believe just include all the pertinent info and you'll get your ordered tunes via email.

Reverend congrats on the new toys
Old 7/8/07, 05:17 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,117 Likes on 1,699 Posts
Originally Posted by DMD3
Are there any concerns about sucking in water from the space between the hood and body panel since it is not water tight?
Pulling fuses on the current S-197 Mustang, are not required nor necessary..The SCT user guide only recommends pulling them, for precautionary reasons, and for older SN-95 models..As for concerns about water getting sucked in ? the Steeda heat sheild, seals off most of the engine bay except for a very small section, next to the fenderwell and headlight bucket area, in which your car's engine bay, would have to be just about completely submerged, before any water could get sucked in..Unless you expect to be driving you're Stang, in either heavy flooded areas or under hurricane conditions ? You have nothing to be concerned about.
Old 7/8/07, 05:20 PM
GT Member

Ok, this might sound like a dumb question but...

If my friend has a 2003 GT and he has a DiabloSport Predator, can I simply buy a tune for my car (2006 GT) from BamaChips and load it onto his Predator? Is the Predator he has for his SN95 different from the Predator for the S197? Can this be done? Thanks!

Joe
Old 7/8/07, 05:29 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by jpro

If my friend has a 2003 GT and he has a DiabloSport Predator, can I simply buy a tune for my car (2006 GT) from BamaChips and load it onto his Predator? Is the Predator he has for his SN95 different from the Predator for the S197? Can this be done? Thanks!

Joe
Nope. Each tuner is model/year specific. Even if you had an approriate tune file I doubt it would let you load it. Of course, the other buzzkill is that you can't use a tuner on another car without loading the stock tune back into the original car. I doubt your friend would appreciate that.
Old 7/8/07, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by sams66
Rev,

Thanks

Sam
You'll also be required to download the SCT live load 3 software, in which you must then reformat your 9415 preloaded tuner, into the standard 9400 custom tuner, before your able to upload any of Bamachip's LL3 custom tune files, into the programmer..
Old 7/8/07, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by jpro

Joe
He's right..It cannot be done, until the vehicle is returned back to stock before it can be used on a different vehicle. As the tuner is only capable of locking itself, to just one vehicle at a time. In other words, the tuner locks itself to the vehicle, in which is currently storing it's stock tuning files.
Old 7/8/07, 05:56 PM
GT Member

Doh! Alright. Thanks for the info. This site is great!
Old 7/8/07, 06:11 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by The Reverend
The throttle can be feathered unlike before. The tires break loose in second gear.
The tires definately bust loose in 2nd, I mean they really go up in smoke! But the thing that I noticed the most about was the throttle control... That ability to "feather' the throttle is what I really love! With the MGW shifter it really gives me a lot of control over the car and an immense amout fun has been installed in my car.
Old 7/10/07, 12:41 PM
GT Member

So I've been doing some reading on this site and other sites (particularly on Stangnet) and the discussion has evolved regarding hp gains using a CAI. The majority seem to feel that using a CAI only gives you a small hp gain (2-5 hp) regardless of the manufacturer (Steeda, BBK, etc) and that the real reason for the hp gains is the tuner and tunes (particularly BamaChips and Brenspeed). What do you all think? If the tuner and tune is what gets you results, how many hp gain do you think you'll get from just a Predator or SCT tuner and a tune from a quality company?
Old 7/10/07, 02:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

My guess: CAI is worth 8-10 and the Tune is worth 15-20.
Old 7/10/07, 04:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I think we are wasting our money!!! We should of just bought the speed seeker for $12.99!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...QQcmdZViewItem

That and a turbonator and 30hp no problem!

Old 7/10/07, 09:00 PM

Yep, I can just see it now, for just $12.99 and 30+HP ?.. both the speed seeker and turbonator, are going to put Bamachips and Brenspeed, out of business
Old 7/11/07, 07:55 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Yep, I can just see it now, for just $12.99 and 30+HP ?.. both the speed seeker and turbonator, are going to put Bamachips and Brenspeed, out of business
You gota love that Turdonator !.........