GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Stage III cams are in

Search this Thread

Old 5/6/07, 02:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mustangfan123
Uber pony, I do not base my facts on just one person, but I do give examples on what to expect. I never just take 1 persons gain and say,"hey everybody, he got 15hp from headers so that is what you will make. I say,"everybody,you should expect to get 15-20hp from headers." I just research stuff and post the most common results that I see. Like with brenspeed, I am giving an example. I saw they got 7rwhp from a TB,and someone else got 11rwhp,but I say 8-10hp,which is about average gains for a TB. Or with like the cams,most people get 30-35hp,so thats what I base my results on.
Zero is a more common gain for a throttle body.
Old 5/6/07, 02:59 PM
Cobra R Member

As far as the TB goes, I have not seen any real gains with a TB, maybe the GT 500 would be different? Or do you have to marry the new TB up with the cams?

As for the heads coming off, if I am going to break the integrity of the block and spend the money (labor) to get them ported and polished (keeping the same heads that is), why not spend a few more, do the cams and replace the weakest part of this motor ( the cast pistons & rods) or hell get the new crate BOSS 302. It is a slippery slope at best.

With my mods (estimated) Hp is around 365 / 370 FWHP. I cannot see almost 2 grand for only 20 hp. I think a NOS shot, for me about 75 hp would be good at WOT and the bottle would look good in the trunk for shows.
Old 5/6/07, 08:28 PM

Okay so you say 7 RWHP for a throttle body based on Brent's installation and dyno for one customer....
So young man, is that gain from the throttle body a result of the T/B being more responsive via throttle-by-wire ?
Is it because the throttle body can push a higher CFM and has leaned the A/F in comparison to the before Throttle body? Is it because Brent leaned out the A/F when he tuned that particular car? Is it because the car had another mod at the same time which affected the dyno result? Is it because the weather was cooler on that particular day?

Do you get my point?

You can't answer those questions, because you do not have a clue. You did not do the mods, you dont own the car, you weren't there for the dyno. You have never driven the car either. Can you say how it affected the car, good or bad?
So to start telling people a throttle body gets you 7 HP is total BS.
Most people have had terrible results installing any aftermarket throttle body. Yet you go tell them they need the GT500 T/B. have you ever even seena GT500 throttle body in person?
Your interest in this stuff is comendable. Just dont act like you know these things as facts. The truth is you don't.
Old 5/6/07, 08:50 PM
Cobra Member

Well, I don't base things on one person's experience, I was just posting Brenspeed's car as an example of someone installing a TB and making hp. The reason I tell people to go with the GT500 TB is cause its the only one that has the stock plastic gears, so it wont cause a code.
Old 5/6/07, 09:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mustangfan123
Well, I don't base things on one person's experience, I was just posting Brenspeed's car as an example of someone installing a TB and making hp. The reason I tell people to go with the GT500 TB is cause its the only one that has the stock plastic gears, so it wont cause a code.
Young man, that's just not true, but I'm going to stop this conversation on my end as you're not getting it.

Research is commendable, but you have to put the beast in practice, and make real world observations. You have to put your money on the line, get dynoed (and post them, not just make up some BS figure and tout it as fact), and take the car to the track.

Enough. Folks, I've payed the price, and done the math. Stage III cams provide you with 23 some odd horsepower, at the price of some torque. Decide if that's bang for the buck. It's a real world figure. It has nothing to do with delete plates or TBs or LTs.

John
Old 5/7/07, 05:56 AM

nice results
Old 5/7/07, 05:58 AM
Cobra Member

I understand what you are saying jwgroovin. But I just think a bigger intake should yield better gains.
Old 5/7/07, 09:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by jwgroovin
Enough. Folks, I've payed the price, and done the math. Stage III cams provide you with 23 some odd horsepower, at the price of some torque. Decide if that's bang for the buck. It's a real world figure. It has nothing to do with delete plates or TBs or LTs.

John
That's a tough price to pay (more so than dollars)!! Thanks for the dyno graph and info. May convince me to get the N2O first, then worry about head flow/cams much later.