GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Some Throttle body help

Search this Thread

Old 10/15/05, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well last night I was supposed to be going to the track. but before I went I wanted to install my new CCM Throttle body to accompany my other mods. Well shortly after install the idle started jumping between 800-1100 rpms... Then car went into failsafe, I kept reading the codes I was getting *OBD sensor test not ready* Also only one time I got *OBD sensor lean* Took the tuner out to read codes turns out it was because of my splicing with the WMS intake. so after finally double checking everything and resplicing and heat shrinking wires, i tried again. ( now it was to late to go to the track ) So after all that it ran fine for bout 20 mins and what a difference.

Shortly after it went on again, OBD sensor test not ready, throttle actuator force limited. Had this code about 5 times throughout the nite, only once after fixing the splicing. Cleared the code. That was it, this morning it ran fine for about 40 min no problem. Maybe its gone, maybe not. Issues concerns? Am I running to lean? Do I need to get it custom tuned? Who would do a Custom tune on My diablo for me?

Mods are as follows :
WMS RAM AIR INTAKE
JBA shorty headers
Diablosport tuner
CCM 62mm throttle body
Old 10/15/05, 10:57 AM

Originally posted by Klassicyoung@October 15, 2005, 11:24 AM
Mods are as follows :
WMS RAM AIR INTAKE
JBA shorty headers
Diablosport tuner
CCM 62mm throttle body
According to what I read on the Central Coast Mustang website, the Throttle Body is 60mm, not 62mm . . .
Old 10/15/05, 12:08 PM
Bullitt Member

WMS has a Diablosport tune for the upgrade 95mm meter. No tune for the 80mm meter.

Brenspeed has tunes for the 80mm and 95mm meter using the Xcal2.

I'm tuning mine via Brenspeed since I have the LFP 62mm throttle body and WMS intake...

hags1