GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

So sick of FAIL SAFE MODE.

Search this Thread

Old 10/22/05, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok guys its timje to find out how to get rid of this.It has been happening to me all the time lately.Even for no reason.someone said there is an article in Hot Rod mag that says someone knows how to do away with this.
Old 10/22/05, 01:28 PM
Cobra Member

Mike, I know your frustrated as I would be too. It leave's no code's when it does this? I would want to know why it does it, then figure out how to get rid of it... I hope you get her figured out.

Edit: Have you tried disconecting the Zex wire that tap's into the TPS wire?
Old 10/22/05, 10:42 PM

Mike, you and I must be in the same boat then. Since my only mods are the CAI and tune, and MAK offroad, it is the MAK pipe. Only like 10% of the time do I even get a code, but the light still goes off! I have actually had some more problems with rattling, and the pipe just not fitting right, so i am going to take it off tommorow. If I had lots of time to tweak the darn pipe, then i would keep it, but i dont, working too much lately, and I am tire of the CEL, and a couple of weird things with the pipe. I know I am going to miss the hp/torque increases, but such is life, ill have to get some pulleys and a new TB to take care of that.
Old 10/22/05, 11:00 PM
Cobra Member

Have you tried Datalogging while driving and looking for faults through there?

-Dan
Old 10/23/05, 08:21 AM
Cobra Member

I fought with my car for over a month! It started happening about a week or two after I added the Zex... it happened before I even filled the bottle! I was about ready to rip the Zex out! It was driving me crazy!!!

It turned out to be the Throttle Positon Sensor... Ford apparently got a bad batch of them... see TSB 05-14-4. Basically what happens is the TPS has a loose connection/bad pot... something that will cause the voltage to drop on the wire... I actually caught in during a datalogging session... I was monitoring Throttle Position. Take a look at the graph and you'll see it goes goofy on the 3rd spike...

Some times I would get codes...some times I wouldn't... it was very frustrating... so I can completely sympathize with you...

Here is a link to the TSB... my dealership actually replace my TPS with my Zex COMPLETELY installed... including the WHITE WIRE! LOL!

TSB 05-14-4