GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Should I be concerned?

Search this Thread

Old 7/6/05, 07:57 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Have been expecting my new Mustang to be delivered to the dealer last week. The car was at a mixing center after coming off of the train to be loaded onto a carrier to be delivered to my dealer.

The dealer just informed me that the reason it was late was because the car would not start at the mixing center so they ( the people at the mixing center) sent it to be repaired. The dealer told me it has been fixed and is being scheduled for delivery to them tomorrow. The dealer does not know at this point what was wrong but is going to try and find out for me. This is a great dealer by the way, and I have full faith in them.

That being said. How concerned should I be? Has anyone heard of this kind of thing happening before? The dealer said it could have been something very simple like a loose battery connection or something, but that they would do everything they could to get me a full report on what the problem was and they would also take extra time in inspecting the vehicle as they prepped it for me when it arrives. Any Ford people on this forum that could tell me if this kind of thing happens from time to time?
Old 7/6/05, 09:15 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by scottma@July 6, 2005, 8:00 AM
I Have been expecting my new Mustang to be delivered to the dealer last week. The car was at a mixing center after coming off of the train to be loaded onto a carrier to be delivered to my dealer.

The dealer just informed me that the reason it was late was because the car would not start at the mixing center so they ( the people at the mixing center) sent it to be repaired. The dealer told me it has been fixed and is being scheduled for delivery to them tomorrow. The dealer does not know at this point what was wrong but is going to try and find out for me. This is a great dealer by the way, and I have full faith in them.

That being said. How concerned should I be? Has anyone heard of this kind of thing happening before? The dealer said it could have been something very simple like a loose battery connection or something, but that they would do everything they could to get me a full report on what the problem was and they would also take extra time in inspecting the vehicle as they prepped it for me when it arrives. Any Ford people on this forum that could tell me if this kind of thing happens from time to time?
Anyone else?
Old 7/6/05, 09:26 AM
GT Member

Have the dealer note the problem on the paperwork when you pick up the car. I would not worry about it. I am sure it was something simple.
Old 7/6/05, 09:27 AM
Cobra Member

could have been the fuel cutoff switch... maybe it hit a few hard bumps on the rail car and set it off...