GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Shock Tower damage because of OEM camber plates weakness or what?

Search this Thread

Old 1/6/09, 03:09 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
camber is a bit neg from the factory...like 1.1.....i set mine at -1.5

you know if you didn't straddle the sidewalk there your frt end would not be rubbing it...just a thought.

--- unless you are having problems with your strut mounts (other than they are mis indexed ) really no reason to replace them right now...that will require the strut be removed and spring be compressed and center nut removal...alot of work if they are not broke...why not just spin them around so the arrow points out and be done with it??? again...just a thought...good luck

Last edited by 06SatinSilver; 1/6/09 at 03:12 PM.
Old 1/7/09, 03:23 PM
Bullitt Member

I didn’t know the problem with the weak bearing mounting plate. When I bought the car and I was driving with my friend who was sitting on passenger place he said that something is wrong with right front as it gives click when we go through the road bumps. I do not hear that strongly but I do not drive on passenger side . I was in a garage and asked them to check the front suspension and they said everything is ok we can not see nothing what gives such sound.
Now I thing that is that destroyed bearing I will spend 66$ and when I will moving them I will take out right strut to see how it looks if destroyed I have to change them.
Old 1/7/09, 04:47 PM
Cobra Member

Some older posts refer to a clicking problem when the upper support bearing has been incorrectly oriented like yours are (though I can not see why).

I would rotate them first as previously recommended, and get the toe readjusted before agonizing over a problem you may not even have. That is a lot easier than swapping out the strut bearing.

The way the strut bearing is designed is for compression load. If you get complete load reversal (wheel leaving the ground after bump) it is not unusual to hear some strut bearing noise.

PS - The shocks and struts have nothing to do with ride height. The struts could if modified for a adjustable coil over configuration.

Last edited by RadBOSS; 1/7/09 at 04:57 PM.