GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Shelby GT X Pipe and Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 9/3/06, 11:45 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Shelby GT X Pipe and Mufflers

Has anyone figured out what x pipe and mufflers that Shelby used on the Hertz GT-H and I am assuming will be using on the Shelby GT?
Old 9/3/06, 01:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They are on the FRPP website:

http://www.fordracingparts.com/mustang/buildyourown.asp

Click on performance packages, and it will show you the performance pack and exhaust for the GT-H, and then click also on the exhaust, and it will show you the X-Pipe. The mufflers are part #M-5230-GTA, and the X-Pipe is #M-5251-R. I have already installed the X-Pipe, and the GTA mufflers are on backorder, but should be here by the middle of September. As soon as they arrive they will be installed on my 2007. Amyb, the President of Shelby has already confirmed on TMS in the Shelby GT forum that the GT shares the same exhaust and x-pipe as the GT-H.
Old 9/3/06, 01:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

So the mufflers are not the FRPP mufflers? Also do you need a retune for changing an x-pipe? Is anyone currently running this setup? I had Borlas but they were too loud for me. Is this combo going to be as loud?

Thanks for the info Graig
Old 9/5/06, 10:13 AM
Bullitt Member

No, you do not need a retune for the X-Pipe. Yes, they are FRPP mufflers, but they are the GTA's, not the Borla Stingers. The GTA's are slightly louder than stock, but should have no resonance or drone like the Borlas. I should have mine in a couple of weeks and will post some pics and a report. They have been on back order for a long time due to Shelby using them on the GT-H and now GT production.
Old 9/7/06, 04:51 PM
Cobra Member

I have FRPP Stingers and I have gotten many compliments and tons of people ask me what Im running. Ive heard the regular style muffler from FRPP and personally I don't think it holds a candle to the Stingers, but I am the kind of person who loves the "in your face", loud with good tone type of exhaust.

I have a video that has a 100+mph flyby that you can hear the exhaust pretty well if anyone wants to hear it

edit: speaking of shelby, is the GT-Hs front fascia/hood available for purchase yet?
Old 9/7/06, 06:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Let's hear that video!
Old 9/7/06, 07:24 PM
Cobra Member

Both Parts "1" and "One and a Half" are available at my Myspace Videos Section...
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...D=21865328&n=2

Or the main Video Part 1 is Available on Streetfire...(Flyby is around 3:12)
http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...2c0185f2cb.htm
Old 9/8/06, 02:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Mustang Buster
They are on the FRPP website:

http://www.fordracingparts.com/mustang/buildyourown.asp

Click on performance packages, and it will show you the performance pack and exhaust for the GT-H, and then click also on the exhaust, and it will show you the X-Pipe. The mufflers are part #M-5230-GTA, and the X-Pipe is #M-5251-R. I have already installed the X-Pipe, and the GTA mufflers are on backorder, but should be here by the middle of September. As soon as they arrive they will be installed on my 2007. Amyb, the President of Shelby has already confirmed on TMS in the Shelby GT forum that the GT shares the same exhaust and x-pipe as the GT-H.
How much of an improvement in sound have you noticed with just the X-Pipe installed? Any issues with resonance with your top down on the vert?
Old 9/8/06, 02:41 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Mustang Buster
Yes, they are FRPP mufflers, but they are the GTA's, not the Borla Stingers. The GTA's are slightly louder than stock, but should have no resonance or drone like the Borlas.
Yes, +1. Apparently these "new" mufflers are also made by Borla, although so far Borla does not offer them themselves. These are NOT the oval can Borlas that are shown on their site, and as mentioned they are also not the Stingers.
Old 9/8/06, 04:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by semperfi65
How much of an improvement in sound have you noticed with just the X-Pipe installed? Any issues with resonance with your top down on the vert?
I wish these threads were merged, as we are repeating ourselves a lot http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=52899

As I have mentioned on that thread, sound improvement is hard to quantify from one person to the next, because everybody has different taste. However, there is no--I repeat zero resonance or drone with the addition of the FRPP X-Pipe on my 2007 Vert. The sound is slightly louder and more aggressive than stock when you really get on it, but otherwise it is about the same as stock. It is not going to bother the neighbors unless you are doing burnouts in the driveway. I get lots of compliments on the sound, and if not for wanting the tips that the FRPP GTA mufflers have, I would probably just keep the stock mufflers, it sounds that good IMHO.
Old 9/8/06, 11:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

Merging threads. Please post comments here~

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...highlight=pipe