GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

seat-belt

Search this Thread

Old 4/1/05, 11:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hoe do you get the seatbelt bell to go off?
Old 4/1/05, 11:06 AM
Bullitt Member

With out putting it on.
Old 4/1/05, 11:16 AM
FR500 Member

You could cut it too with one of those emergency tools with the razor blade on it.
Old 4/1/05, 11:17 AM
FR500 Member

Oh yeah, I almost forgot... you can also hit the seatbelt release button.
Old 4/1/05, 11:24 AM
GT Member

Bunch of jokesters around here today...
I think he's talking about the warning signal that goes off if one doesn't wear one's seatbelt.

I think there are specific directions in the owner's manual - I've never bothered to do it. I remember reading it though and thinking that it was complicated
Old 4/1/05, 11:27 AM
FR500 Member

Oh, that's right... he did say without putting it on. Then there is your answer. Check the owner's manual. Or, do a search here on TMS. It was covered a month or so ago. I personally wear a seatbelt at all times because it's the law around here, and because I like to speed.
Old 4/1/05, 12:28 PM
GT Member

"i like too speed" NO WAY, not in a mustang!!! :nono:
Old 4/2/05, 08:28 AM
Cobra R Member

Well read manual it is in there on how to deactivate seat belt warning. You turn key to on position without starting. You wait about a minute until seat belt warning lamp disappears, within 50 seconds you must plug and unplug your belt 9 times, ending with it unplugged. Then the air restraint light shows up, and within 10 seconds you have to plug unplug once. That's it. If you have any trouble look in manual. good luck. Oh yah you must do this for each seat.
Old 4/3/05, 03:50 PM
V6 Member

If you want your seat belt warning buzzer shut off, I would suggest engaging your seat belt.

If you are one of those who refuses to wear a seat belt, you have likely never been in a serious accident.

That belt will likely save your life if you are in a serious accident. Use it.
Old 4/3/05, 06:31 PM
Cobra R Member

It's amazing how people try to tell people what to do! I am the only one here that gave the guy the answer he wanted. Not jokes etc. People are going to do what they want to. Smoke Cigarettes, drink alcohol whatever. It is up to them. Instead of being sarcastic why not just answer the guys question. No matter what people say, people are still going to smoke, drink, drive with out seat belts sometime. All may cause death. Walking down the street may cause death. Stop being preachers about what someone should or shouldnt do. This is a site for mustang enthusiasts, who choose to treat themselves and there cars differently. If you cant help, then dont. But dont sit here and try to live another persons life, or make choices for them. As with alcoholism, cigarette smoking and whatever else, when that person wants to do something about they will. No matter what anyone says, an alcoholic wont stop drinking until it is right for them, and they chooose too. I am just sick and tired of people pushing there thoughts on others, just help when and where you can. Just like alcoholics, help them if you can and maybe some day they will stop drinking, and someday they may decide to buckle up, it is up to them. Good luck with turning off your seat belt chime.
Old 4/3/05, 06:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by sodaman@April 3, 2005, 5:34 PM
It's amazing how people try to tell people what to do! I am the only one here that gave the guy the answer he wanted. Not jokes etc. People are going to do what they want to. Smoke Cigarettes, drink alcohol whatever. It is up to them. Instead of being sarcastic why not just answer the guys question. No matter what people say, people are still going to smoke, drink, drive with out seat belts sometime. All may cause death. Walking down the street may cause death. Stop being preachers about what someone should or shouldnt do. This is a site for mustang enthusiasts, who choose to treat themselves and there cars differently. If you cant help, then dont. But dont sit here and try to live another persons life, or make choices for them. As with alcoholism, cigarette smoking and whatever else, when that person wants to do something about they will. No matter what anyone says, an alcoholic wont stop drinking until it is right for them, and they chooose too. I am just sick and tired of people pushing there thoughts on others, just help when and where you can. Just like alcoholics, help them if you can and maybe some day they will stop drinking, and someday they may decide to buckle up, it is up to them. Good luck with turning off your seat belt chime.
AMEN!

While I always wear my seatbelt, dont smoke, drink, etc, if somebody else wants to, and it won't hurt me, I will help em out! Its their choice!