GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

SCT X-calibrator wasn't caught by Ford!

Search this Thread

Old 4/3/05, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those of you who are interested in keeping your warranty I would like to let you know that this past week I took my car by Ford to find a check engine light issue and I kept the 93 octane performance tune flash installed on my car. The service tech hooked up the computer and found no evidence that a reflash was present even when I asked him. He said that Ford's best computer for diagnosing and reflashing the CPU would usually show a ROM code or an error of some sort if the computer had been reflashed by an aftermarket tuner. I was so excited to find this out I hope that it can ease some nervous souls out there. BTW there were several different types of computers that they hooked up to my car through the OBD-II port and none of them found the tune or reflash.

FYI: My check engine light was a transient issue that would come on "flashing" and cause a misfire of several cylinders for about 30 seconds then it would go off and the car would run fine. It was found to be due to the crankshaft underdrive pulley was about 1/8th of an inch from bieng seated against the crank and the crank sensor was detecting a slight wobble at certain RPMs. I have reinstalled the pulley without any further issues.
Old 4/3/05, 01:23 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by dhof303@April 3, 2005, 1:11 PM
For those of you who are interested in keeping your warranty I would like to let you know that this past week I took my car by Ford to find a check engine light issue and I kept the 93 octane performance tune flash installed on my car. The service tech hooked up the computer and found no evidence that a reflash was present even when I asked him. He said that Ford's best computer for diagnosing and reflashing the CPU would usually show a ROM code or an error of some sort if the computer had been reflashed by an aftermarket tuner. I was so excited to find this out I hope that it can ease some nervous souls out there. BTW there were several different types of computers that they hooked up to my car through the OBD-II port and none of them found the tune or reflash.

FYI: My check engine light was a transient issue that would come on "flashing" and cause a misfire of several cylinders for about 30 seconds then it would go off and the car would run fine. It was found to be due to the crankshaft underdrive pulley was about 1/8th of an inch from bieng seated against the crank and the crank sensor was detecting a slight wobble at certain RPMs. I have reinstalled the pulley without any further issues.
that"s cool!
Old 4/3/05, 02:07 PM
Cobra Member

w00t! That's good news
Old 4/3/05, 05:24 PM
Cobra R Member

I will still flash mine back when it goes to the dealer. I think you wre lucky and I have none.