GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

SCT flasher

Search this Thread

Old 4/8/05, 04:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Has anyone had any problems installing a program from their flasher? I can not get it to except any program that I was sent. Everytime I have to go back to stock to get the car to start. I was told to leave it for 5 minutes,etc.. but it just sits there after about a minute and a half. How does your display look once it has sent the program? Mine is showing one led, which is that of the program and the Power led flashes. Is this correct? My info display also says "failsafe mode".

Your thoughts please

Thanks Mike
Old 4/8/05, 06:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Mike, when I flashed mine it took about 2 minutes and the lights on the xcalibrator flash fast in one direction and then in the oposite direction. This is the stock tune being removed and the new tune being installed. What you are describing just doesn't sound right. You might possibly have a bad xcalibrator or the incorrect tune. Where did you buy it from? I would call them or call SCT tech support before you try to install it again........Craig
Old 4/8/05, 07:36 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mike get a hold of the place you bought it from. I agree with Craig, could be something wrong with the product or the program
Old 4/8/05, 08:53 PM
Bullitt Member

I did call them and of course you get the old it's your fault or your not doing it right and yes I understand it can be something simple, BUT I've been doing this for a very long time and I was pretty sure I was doing it right.

Here's what it looks like has happened. It will pull the stock file and it shows to put in the updated file, but right as it finishes it kicks on the computer failsafe mode in the information screen on the dash. When I go back to stock it does the exact same thing except it doesn't go into fail safe. Something is definitely wrong.

The sad part is I'm out the UPS blue charge and it'll be next week before anything can be done. Oh well it happens, but dang !!
Old 4/8/05, 09:12 PM

Ahh, may I be some help. This very problem happened to me first in the country. It was due to a faulty flash cable (cable from x-calibrator to the OBD-II). Your error seems to be coming at the exact time that my error was. Where did you buy your X-calibrator?
Old 4/8/05, 10:14 PM
Bullitt Member

I bought it from Alternative Auto. They've been good on everything up to this point so I can't blame them, but I'll have to wait and see how they handle it. How was your cable faulty?

Thanks Mike
Old 4/9/05, 06:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by JST4FN@April 8, 2005, 10:17 PM
I bought it from Alternative Auto. They've been good on everything up to this point so I can't blame them, but I'll have to wait and see how they handle it. How was your cable faulty?

Thanks Mike

Hey Mike,

I'm an SCT dealer as well and it sounds more like your calibration code is incorrect rather then your cable being off. Do you know of any reflashes done to your PCM under warrenty by your Ford dealer? You may have to have a read done to your PCM to ensure your calibration code is correct, it's a little more work but in the end it's worth it.

Just let me know if I can help if Alternative gives you the run around.

Thanks, Doug.
Old 4/9/05, 07:55 AM
Bullitt Member

That was the first thing I mentioned to them and they said no. The car is brand new so it has not had any changes done to it. I show a code of BETK I think(going of memory). Is this a common automatic code? The guy over the phone kept confusing me because he said the computer was were the battery used to and that would be the drivers side. Unless I'm blind it's on the passengers side and that sticker was on the bracket that holds a computer of some sort (which I believe to be the correct one).

I went back thru dhof303 old post and it seems some others had trouble, but they disconnected the battery and tried again and went so I'm at least going to give that a shot.

Thanks for your help and I'll post up what happens for future information.

Thanks Mike
Old 4/9/05, 08:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Well I just found out what happened, it was programmed for a standard. He was pretty nice about it and says he'll get it taken care of. My only gripe is I should've been sent a new one UPS RED with a call tag for the old one, considering I paid up front for the UPS Blue, but I guess thats life. I'm in a different type of business, but basically I have to deal with customers in the same manner. Had I told a customer it was my fault, and they would just have to wait after they had paid special shipping I would lose their business. It's not a big deal , it's the principal. I have to be about customer service in what I do or I want eat !!

There you go

Thanks Mike
Old 4/9/05, 01:43 PM

I am glad that you found your problem, I know you feel a little disgruntled about the UPS thing but realize that your issue was handled rather quickly. I had to suffer for almost 2 months and paid overnight shipping on my CPU I took out of my car as well as all of the parts that I had bought from SCT. SCT found the problem and fixed it but only reimbursed half of my shipping which was about $50.00, they said they were going to send me a T-shirt but haven't heard from them for several weeks. :bang:
Old 4/9/05, 08:16 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm glad they are taking care of it. The salesman side comes out in me sometimes. For instance I was woke up this morning at 6:45 because a customer ordered the wrong thing yesterday I had to go into work. I'm just anxious ya know