GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Saleen Underdrive Pulley's

Search this Thread

Old 10/29/09, 08:23 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Green96GT
cool, what can i get in place of that then??
What about an exhaust system? Delete plates? C&L Intake? I know that they cost more than the TB but they are proven RWHP. My C&L Intake picked up 7 peak rwhp on mine and 10 rwhp at 5700 rpms over my delete plates. I would say the delete plates or C&L Intake. Doug at BamaChips has 5 delete plates left. I think they are 150.00 when they are sold out they are gone. All that will be left is the 300.00 Steeda delete plates. So I would hurry and get the delete plates from Doug or buy a C&L Itake. I wouldn't spend 300.00 for the steeda ones myself. I would rather buy the C&L that makes more power.
Old 10/29/09, 10:06 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by H8IMPORTS
What about an exhaust system? Delete plates? C&L Intake? I know that they cost more than the TB but they are proven RWHP. My C&L Intake picked up 7 peak rwhp on mine and 10 rwhp at 5700 rpms over my delete plates. I would say the delete plates or C&L Intake. Doug at BamaChips has 5 delete plates left. I think they are 150.00 when they are sold out they are gone. All that will be left is the 300.00 Steeda delete plates. So I would hurry and get the delete plates from Doug or buy a C&L Itake. I wouldn't spend 300.00 for the steeda ones myself. I would rather buy the C&L that makes more power.
the delete plates are molded into my intake manifold on the 2009's. steeda has delete plugs for them though. they are only $60. c&l intake is already in with what i am getting. I also have a full exhaust system already.
Old 10/29/09, 10:10 AM
GT Member

the delete plates are molded into my intake manifold on the 2009's. steeda has delete plugs for them though. they are only $60. c&l intake is already in with what i am getting. I also have a full exhaust system already.
Oh ok. Get the plugs then.

I was talking about the actuall C&L Intake not the Racer CAI. I have the C&L Intake with a JLT CAI. I want the C&L racer CAI just haven't bought it.
Old 10/29/09, 10:42 AM
GT Member

if i do their intake i will have to get the plates i think. i will have to look and see. where did you get the C&L intake manifold from??
Old 10/29/09, 12:43 PM
GT Member

if i do their intake i will have to get the plates i think. i will have to look and see. where did you get the C&L intake manifold from??
The C&L intake does away with the need the plates. All you will need is just the C&L and take your stock intake off and bolt the C&L on.

Doug at BamaChips had one in stock and I bought mine from him. I ordered my cams from him also. I can't wait till I get them.

Heres my thread about the dynoing the C&L vs. the Stock intake with delete plates.
https://themustangsource.com/showthread.php?t=477974
Old 10/29/09, 03:22 PM
GT Member

The C&L intake does away with the need the plates. All you will need is just the C&L and take your stock intake off and bolt the C&L on.

Doug at BamaChips had one in stock and I bought mine from him. I ordered my cams from him also. I can't wait till I get them.

Heres my thread about the dynoing the C&L vs. the Stock intake with delete plates.
https://themustangsource.com/showthread.php?t=477974
i plan on getting cams in the spring. i dont know if i am going to keep the car N/A or go with a blower in the future.
Old 10/29/09, 03:31 PM
GT Member

i plan on getting cams in the spring. i dont know if i am going to keep the car N/A or go with a blower in the future.
If I had the money I would go with a blower but for now I'm staying N/A for the most part. I've got the bottle sitting at the house for my car. I just haven't got the guts to spray it yet. LOL My car only has 10,000 miles on it now. This is the first car I ever bought new so I'm torn if I want to spray it or not.

Good luck with what you deside.
Old 10/29/09, 05:57 PM
I don't do trannies
or rear-ends anymore!

If money's not the issue, just buy the blower. You'll be happier in the long run, easier horsepower!
Old 10/29/09, 11:18 PM
GT Member

If I had the money I would go with a blower but for now I'm staying N/A for the most part. I've got the bottle sitting at the house for my car. I just haven't got the guts to spray it yet. LOL My car only has 10,000 miles on it now. This is the first car I ever bought new so I'm torn if I want to spray it or not.

Good luck with what you deside.
yeah the blower is the way to go but for now, at least till next year, it will be n/a. the bottle has come to mind for me as well but, a friend told me that if you spray the car you WILL break something in the engine. if it would not brake something i would do it.
Old 10/30/09, 09:05 AM
GT Member

yeah the blower is the way to go but for now, at least till next year, it will be n/a. the bottle has come to mind for me as well but, a friend told me that if you spray the car you WILL break something in the engine. if it would not brake something i would do it.
Nitrous is safe as long as you treat it right and stay moderate with it. To me a 100 shot is safe on 05 up cars. Doug (BamaChips) had a 100 shot on his car for a while.

I have ran nitrous (75 shot) on a stock 3.0 ranger for 5 years and it lasted till 200,000 miles with the nitrous. I had nitrous (100 shot) on a stock 4.6 99 mustang GT with bolt on's and I ran it for a year or so untill I sold it. I have also had a stock 88 5.0 coupe with H/C/I on the stock bottom end that ran 6.80's on the spray. I put 175 hp shout on that car. I didn't care if it blew or not and it never did. LOL So as long as you keep it safe you will be fine. Now there is always a chance like anything. A blower or turbo would be my first choice but when money is tight Nitrous is the cheapest option.

I bought the kit for my 08 GT and I want to put it on. I just hate to because my car is still new. LOL If is was older I would spray it with out a doubt. I know it's going on my car but I don't know if I'm going to hook it up or not. I use my car for show also and the Nitrous would look good under the hood.
Old 10/30/09, 07:51 PM
GT Member

the bottle would look good in the car. you could build a thing of plexy glass and light it up to mount it on. would look cool.
Old 10/30/09, 08:37 PM
GT Member

the bottle would look good in the car. you could build a thing of plexy glass and light it up to mount it on. would look cool.
That it would.

Do you have a videos of your car? Sorry to thread jack. I would love to hear Mac on a 05 up Mustang. I have Pypes axle back and so far love them.

BTW my 08 is Dark Candey Apple red also.
Old 10/30/09, 10:52 PM
GT Member

That it would.

Do you have a videos of your car? Sorry to thread jack. I would love to hear Mac on a 05 up Mustang. I have Pypes axle back and so far love them.

BTW my 08 is Dark Candey Apple red also.
sorry but i do not have any vids of my car. the macs sound great. they have the deep hollow sound like a flowmaster but better. the long tube headers and off road x pipe make the sound of the system. i will have to see if i can get some vids of it. how do the pypes axle backs sound?? i love the dark candy apple red color. when it is shiny you can see the metal flake just pop.
Old 10/31/09, 10:37 PM
GT Member

sorry but i do not have any vids of my car. the macs sound great. they have the deep hollow sound like a flowmaster but better. the long tube headers and off road x pipe make the sound of the system. i will have to see if i can get some vids of it. how do the pypes axle backs sound?? i love the dark candy apple red color. when it is shiny you can see the metal flake just pop.
Me to I love the dark candy red!

The pypes axle back is kindof hard to explain. LOL They are kind of like a magnaflow sound. They sound different but a good different! I love the way my car sounds. It sounds different than any other car which is a good thing. I will get me some longtubes one day.
Old 11/1/09, 07:21 AM
GT Member

cool, most people in my area are running flowmaster on their cars. thats why i went with mac. now you really have me thinking about the nitrous. only thing is filling up the bottle all the time, where as a supercharger you do not have to. i think the closest place to me that sells nos is 30 min away.
Old 11/1/09, 08:41 AM
GT Member

cool, most people in my area are running flowmaster on their cars. thats why i went with mac. now you really have me thinking about the nitrous. only thing is filling up the bottle all the time, where as a supercharger you do not have to. i think the closest place to me that sells nos is 30 min away.
Thats the reason I don't run Flowmaster. LOL Everybody runs them. I went pypes because it was cheap and all stainless and mostly not Flowmasters.

If you got the money for a supercharger or turbo I would get that over the nitrous. I love nitrous but it gets costly over time filling up the bottle. Where I'm from there is about 5 people that fill up bottles close to me. To me it's easier to come up with 30.00 to fill the bottle when I want it than to come up with 5000.00 or so to buy a supercharger or turbo but if you buy the supercharger or turbo it's always there and no refilling.

Let me know and I can try to help you any way I can about nitrous if you want. I have been running Nitrous for around 9 years or so.
Old 11/2/09, 07:37 AM
GT Member

have you heard anything about the procharger superchargers?
Old 11/2/09, 08:34 AM
GT Member

have you heard anything about the procharger superchargers?
I know Doug at BamaChips tuned and Dynoed a 06 Roush stage 1 with a Procharger on it and it made 503 to the wheels. He has 20in wheels on his car also. He was pulling his car off the Dyno when I was pulling mine on.

I personally like the TVS and Kenne Bell Superchargers. I love the sound of the TVS and KB. Plus I like the instant power you get from a Roots or a twin screw.

I would buy me a Procharger or a turbo if I went FI because of my C&L Intake. I wouldn't want to lose it.

You might want to look into a Hellion Turbo? They are 5000.00 for everything you need to make 500+ RWHP. You would still need a custom tune.
Old 11/2/09, 07:24 PM
GT Member

the tvs is a pretty sweet supercharger. i would take the car to modular depot or brenspeed for a dyno tune. cincy speed shot just got a new guy there that can write tunes for the sct tuners. i thought about a turbo also but i am like you, i do not want to loose mt c&l intake when if i got a supercharger
Old 11/3/09, 08:32 AM
GT Member

the tvs is a pretty sweet supercharger. i would take the car to modular depot or brenspeed for a dyno tune. cincy speed shot just got a new guy there that can write tunes for the sct tuners. i thought about a turbo also but i am like you, i do not want to loose mt c&l intake when if i got a supercharger
I have the C&L Intake on my car the actually upper intake of the motor not just the C&L CAI. But yea I wouldn't want to lose the C&L CAI either. You could go with a Saleen style supercharger and it use the stock air intake system. So you could keep your C&L CAI. With the Saleen supercharger you should be able to put 450-475 to the ground. (If your car is a 5 speed manual)

I use to have a 01 Lightning and I fell in love with the eaton sound. I think the Saleen supercharger is a Eaton M112. (I think) Not for sure. I almost had one but I was a day to late. LOL

Quick Reply: Saleen Underdrive Pulley's