GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Saleen Suspension Vs. FRPP Suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 8/11/07, 04:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saleen Suspension Vs. FRPP Suspension?

Which Package is better ? Any experience with any would be helpful. Is the saleen suspension package any good? Thanks.
Old 8/11/07, 04:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Personally, I think the saleen package looks like a good deal for the money, and I've driven quite a few standard 281(no supercharger or brake upgrade) packages and thought they drove quite nicely, handled well, and weren't harsh at all. Felt sharp and light on its feet and not bouncy. The SGT's bounce just driving them in the parking lot alone. I think the FRPP stuff is a bit harsh and a tad low to be a 'complete' kit(should get all the geometry-correcting parts), where the saleen setup should be fine with the stock panhard bar and rear sway bar with no long-term issues. A stiffer front bar with a stock rear bar gives you a reduction in roll and still favors understeer, keeping it a touch safer for street use. And I am definitely not fond of Saleen in general, but I can't knock the racecraft suspension setup, it drives great, even with the 20's on it. I was thinking about their set and a pair of HD steeda strut tower caps and calling it a day.
Old 8/12/07, 02:28 AM

kevinb120 - what do you mean by "SGT"? Did you feel the Saleens were prone to kicking the tail out? Some of the reviews of the PJ Saleen seem to suggest it's prone to oversteer. I'm thinking that combining natural oversteer with the S197's overboosted power steering might be a recipe for death.

Anyone have an opinion on how the Roush or BMR suspension kits?

I really need to do something about my suspension or the understeer is going to get me killed one of these days. I'm kind of playing wait-and-see with the new Roush Track-Pak suspension.
Old 8/21/07, 05:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Francis
kevinb120 - what do you mean by "SGT"?
I think he means the "Shelby GT".
Old 8/21/07, 07:45 PM
Bullitt Member

I have not heard rave reviews about either really.

People seem to like the roush setup a lot.

I think the best bet is to do a lot of research and put together the parts you want, rather than a kit.
Old 8/21/07, 08:35 PM
Cobra Member

I have the FRPP handling pak on both of my 05's and I have a PJ; the PJ handles as well or better with a MUCH more forgiving ride. I didn't mind the FRPP stuff until I got my PJ. Now I want to throw rocks at the FRPP stuff...
Old 8/24/07, 11:43 PM
V6 Member

I rented a GT-H and really enjoyed the handling. The stock tires limited the corning grip but I think they probably helped the ride with the FRPP suspension.

I wanted less drop than the FRPP kit so I installed the Roush suspension kit on my 05 GT. It handles great and the ride is better than the stock suspension with my 18" wheels and tires. Year One had a very good price for the full kit.

I've read good things about the Saleen PJ edition. I might have gone with Saleen if the optional watts link and rear sway bar from the PJ had been available when I was looking at kits. The base Saleen kit didn't include a rear sway bar.