GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

S/C experts in here...I have a ?

Search this Thread

Old 1/21/08, 06:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S/C experts in here...I have a ?

Currently I am on a limited budget, but I have found the following for sale in used but like new condition:
KB 2.6H tuner kit w/ KB 8 rib kit, custom cams for blower, 2.93/2.76 pulleys, custom snout brace , Black Diamond 75mm single blade TB , ST Motorsports modified KB intake, custom CAI, air filter and housing

My mods are listed in my sig. And no, I can't afford to build my motor or buy a new transmission just yet, so leave those 2 things off of the list. I will add that I am going with a Thump RRR Racing tensioner. Also, I haven't talked to my installer yet about my fuel system, so please share your opinions on that.

What else is a must that I will need to go along with the S/C?

I want to know from the guys who have been breaking parts and finding out the hard way. The car is not a daily driver, but would be frustrating to not be able to drive it when I have the urge.
Old 1/21/08, 06:11 PM

Intercooler (some may debate this, but I say better safe than sorry), and a dyno tune. You might want to look into a one piece drive shaft (spydershaft), and some Long tubes.
Old 1/21/08, 06:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Yeah I've got a Spydershaft and ARH L/T's. My installer will tune on his dyno. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 1/21/08, 06:34 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Will ST be doing the insall?
Old 1/21/08, 06:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

No. It's another well respected shop, but they are not a supporting vendor here.
Old 1/21/08, 08:06 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by SilverBossGT
Currently I am on a limited budget, but I have found the following for sale in used but like new condition:
KB 2.6H tuner kit w/ KB 8 rib kit, custom cams for blower, 2.93/2.76 pulleys, custom snout brace , Black Diamond 75mm single blade TB , ST Motorsports modified KB intake, custom CAI, air filter and housing

My mods are listed in my sig. And no, I can't afford to build my motor or buy a new transmission just yet, so leave those 2 things off of the list. I will add that I am going with a Thump RRR Racing tensioner. Also, I haven't talked to my installer yet about my fuel system, so please share your opinions on that.

What else is a must that I will need to go along with the S/C?

I want to know from the guys who have been breaking parts and finding out the hard way. The car is not a daily driver, but would be frustrating to not be able to drive it when I have the urge.
If it were me I would throw out the cams and TB. That all depends on what hp levels you are looking for. I would def got with the gt500 fuel pumps and a boost/wideband gauge. The wideband is the most improtant gauge in FI cars! Did you ask the seller why he is getting rid of it?

Edit- I'm no expert!
Old 1/21/08, 08:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Get a great fuel system such as the GT500. Make sure you get some good gauges...... and make sure your tuner has tuned a KB setup before.
Old 1/21/08, 08:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 2005sonicBOOST
If it were me I would throw out the cams and TB. That all depends on what hp levels you are looking for. I would def got with the gt500 fuel pumps and a boost/wideband gauge. The wideband is the most improtant gauge in FI cars! Did you ask the seller why he is getting rid of it?
Edit- I'm no expert!
The shop's custom cams are bad***. I am looking for future huge HP as money allows, so they and the TB will stay.
GT500 fuel pumps and gauges noted. Thanks!
The seller has turned car into a full on race car, and he is looking for more HP...as if 700+ is not enough! I think he is going with large twins.
The kit has less than 700mi on it, so he didn't have it long.

Originally Posted by tom281
Get a great fuel system such as the GT500. Make sure you get some good gauges...... and make sure your tuner has tuned a KB setup before.
GT500 fuel pumps and gauges x2 noted. Thanks!
Trust me. This guy knows his KB stuff. I know that for sure.
Old 1/22/08, 06:28 AM
Team Mustang Source

Fuel Pump (GT500 preferably), fuel injectors, 0* spark plugs and intercooler.

those are what you are missing from a tuner kit.
Old 1/22/08, 08:04 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Shouldn't a tuner kit come with an intercooler If not you def want one!
Old 1/22/08, 12:00 PM

I think if nothing else you might want to get forged rods, as those seem to be the weakest link in the motor right now.
Old 1/22/08, 04:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

I got a breakdown from the install shop, and looks like they have everything included. The only thing missing is the Thump rrr tensioner.

Thanks for everyone's input.
Old 1/22/08, 07:00 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

What kind of fuel pump will you be going with? Are you getting gauges?
Old 1/23/08, 04:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by SONICBOOST
What kind of fuel pump will you be going with? Are you getting gauges?
Well, void my last post. I called today to purchase the S/C and accessories, and the Thump rrr tensioner was included in the 8 rib kit.
That will be $350.00 saved.

SONIC, yes the 2.6H does include the intercooler. I will be going with the single GT500 pump and 60# injectors to begin with, and when I build the engine we will add a second GT500 pump. Gauges: Yes. I'm going to shop around on those, and check with my installer to see what they normally use. I've seen a pic of your gauges on the pillar. Did they come with your kit, or did you have to buy those separately?