GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Roush R2300

Search this Thread

Old 1/30/11, 12:43 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roush R2300

Anyone have experience with this supercharger and the difficulty of install. I know NastyStang has this set up and i just wanted to know if anyone else has it on their car. I am am planning on buying this set up from VMP tuning for my birthday in Feb. I also wanted to know if anyone has bought this set up from someone other than VMP and how was their purchase experience. Another thing is hood clearence, I have a '67 shelby hood from Cervini's and my stock engine cover is rubbing on the removable air duct so i know i will have to take that off for the supercharger but would it be wise to invest in some lowering motor mounts like the ones from steeda or Team JDM.
Old 1/31/11, 11:57 AM

I also have the TVS fitted to my 07 vert. I did the install myself and found it pretty straight forward. If you can be bothered to read it here is a link to the thread I wrote at the time...

http://www.fnsweet.com/forums/05-09-...under-way.html

The main thing you need to be aware of is that out of the box it will make more boost than your stock bottom end can handle, so if you are not forged you will need to reduce the boost with a larger pulley. VMP can hook you up with this but I went with some custom pulleys from Carmen Goudey, for that extra 'wow factor'

http://www.fnsweet.com/forums/05-09-...tvs-build.html

Hood clearance isn't an issue so you won't need the lowering mounts. You will however need to address fuel delivery, either with a KB BAP or GT500 twin pumps.

HTH,

Andy

Last edited by CaliSpecial; 1/31/11 at 11:59 AM.
Old 2/4/11, 02:15 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I was thinking about going with the whole VMP kit that includes the fuel pump and pulley set up but now people are getting me into the idea of a Whipple H.O. kit.
Old 2/4/11, 08:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by RedDragon777
I was thinking about going with the whole VMP kit that includes the fuel pump and pulley set up but now people are getting me into the idea of a Whipple H.O. kit.
+1 on the Whipple, as it also has the looks.....or at least that is how a blower should look like
Old 2/4/11, 10:07 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 5pointoh
+1 on the Whipple, as it also has the looks.....or at least that is how a blower should look like
I agree.
The Steeda dedicated blower pulley set up makes it look even more so IMHO.

Install on a 08 BULLIT with 2.3 Whipple and the CARB approved CAI.
The intake was later changed because the flow of air was unstable and choked off HP