GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Rotorpros Performance Brake Rotors And Pads

Search this Thread

Old 2/20/07, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rotorpros Performance Brake Rotors And Pads

Hello my name is Richard an I own www.ROTORPROS.com the reason I am posting here is not to advertise but to clear our name on this forum.

I recently was sent this link http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=58058

We are not associated with Allan or SCM. I will admit he bought a few sets off us in the past but that was about it.
The inferior rotors he shipped to the customers in the link above did not recieve our rotors.
I guess Allan ( SCM ) found some cheaper rotors and kept using our name "ROTORPROS" as a selling technique.
We also received numerous email complaints about the product he was shipping to customers. None matched the criteria and quality we sell.

We offer quality rotors from www.CENTRICPARTS.com. They are not the junk apparently Allan was selling.

Thanks for your time
Richard www.ROTORPROS.com feel free to call me directly with any other questions regarding this issue.
(714) 309-3620 or email us sales@ROTORPROS.com
Old 2/20/07, 01:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree 100% with Richard. IMO, rotorpros makes EXCELLENT rotors for the S197 Mustangs. I bought 4 zinc-plated rotors with red centers from him several months ago. They have performed flawlessly and not rusted at all- see pic below.
Attached Thumbnails Rotorpros Performance Brake Rotors And Pads-rotors.jpg  
Old 2/20/07, 02:03 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Another supporter of RotorPros here!

Richard's a great guy to deal with, no problems at all.

Old 2/20/07, 02:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Another happy Rotorpros customer here.
Old 2/20/07, 06:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Good info. Just deleted my PM's I had about ordering the rotors from him.
And Rotorpos price was better.
Old 5/5/07, 08:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Do all of them not rust or do you need to request a specific finish/coating to get the rustproofing?

Russ
Old 5/5/07, 12:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

How much do those rotors cost?

I got an 05GT with stock 17" wheels.

I currently have Hawk HPS pads but they can squeel like a pig on stock rotors - i hate that.
Old 5/5/07, 05:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Thank you for your post...It is good to know that people stand up to the *%#@*& . I will be contacting you soon to buy your product . Thanks again
Old 5/5/07, 09:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
any pics of the 'gold' finish?
Old 5/5/07, 09:48 PM
Bullitt Member

I also have RotorPros rotors. They are great rotors, with a nice cross hatch finish.BUT the "POWDER COATED " rotors are NOT powder coated. You can scratch it off with your fingernail. I think it is spray can paint BUT NOT powder coated. No one would return my call after I left a message about it on their ans. machine.. My .02 cents..................BUY the ZINC
Old 5/6/07, 02:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This thread was started in Feb because some people were getting scamed and Richard wanted to disassociate his company with Alan.

I don't have rotorpro rotors but even with the zinc coating they will rust! Get a can of high temp spray paint and spray the rotors before you install them and then lightly sand off the paint. My friend just painted his and installed them and let the pad wear the paint off of the surface. No issues with the pads and they look great. My 2 cents~
Old 5/6/07, 02:45 PM
Cobra R Member

I am happy with my rotor pros and the price is hard to beat....
Old 5/6/07, 09:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I've had mine since december and have yet to get any rust. FYI-Not a garage queen.
Old 5/7/07, 07:43 AM

Rotorpros Rotors Different Styles

This is Richard from Rotorpros. All our rotors are manufactured by www.CENTRICPARTS.com They have a set called PREMIUM that already come black powder coated and they have the CTEK brand which we mostly sell. The CTEK brand come in regular silver finish but once we zinc plate them they have a chrome look to them. Some people want custom colors on them which we "DO NOT POWDER COAT" or state we do powder coat. We use the same method as painting a car ( primer, paint and urethane clear ) expect we use high temperature materials. For the longest best looks we recommend not using wheel cleaning agents and spraying them directly on the color treated surface. Thanks for choosing www.ROTORPROS.com We can offer all your members all four rotors for $255 shipped anywhere in the continental USA. Add $75 for a great set of low dust Centric Premium Pads. Custom colors are $30 more. Contact us directly at sales@rotorpros.com or (714)309-3620
Old 5/7/07, 02:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Have you guys had any issues with noise? I'm running the GMS rotors with Hawk HPS pads. They make this loud high pitch sound and slow to a clicking type sound during breaking. I had a pair of R1 Concept drilled and sloted rotors but they rusted out after the first car wash. They never mad loud sounds though. I need to find another rotor because the GMS set is driving me nuts.
Old 5/8/07, 08:22 AM

Rotorpros Rotors

Our rotors do not make any noise. The R1Concept rotors are not zinc plated that's why they rusted so quickly. We zinc plate our rotors so you will not have that problem!! What rotor pattern is the GMS rotors??
Old 5/8/07, 11:48 AM
Team Mustang Source

^PM Sent!
Old 5/8/07, 12:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Well I am hung on the 14" eradispeed front kit with the brackets for the stock calipers, I will probably do the rotopros with black centers in the rear in the stock size as I think the 14" rears are overkill.
Old 5/8/07, 12:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by rotorpros
This is Richard from Rotorpros. All our rotors are manufactured by www.CENTRICPARTS.com They have a set called PREMIUM that already come black powder coated and they have the CTEK brand which we mostly sell. The CTEK brand come in regular silver finish but once we zinc plate them they have a chrome look to them. Some people want custom colors on them which we "DO NOT POWDER COAT" or state we do powder coat. We use the same method as painting a car ( primer, paint and urethane clear ) expect we use high temperature materials. For the longest best looks we recommend not using wheel cleaning agents and spraying them directly on the color treated surface. Thanks for choosing www.ROTORPROS.com We can offer all your members all four rotors for $255 shipped anywhere in the continental USA. Add $75 for a great set of low dust Centric Premium Pads. Custom colors are $30 more. Contact us directly at sales@rotorpros.com or (714)309-3620

That's a great deal....... how long are you offering that price for us forum members??
Old 5/8/07, 01:05 PM
Meet Krissy, Our Star Racer

Richard - just wondering if you have replacment 14" rotors for the fronts on the GT500s.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Rotorpros Performance Brake Rotors And Pads