GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Roll Bar finally installed!!

Search this Thread

Old 6/24/07, 05:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Roll Bar finally installed!!

A few days ago, I picked up my car after having the new roll bar installed. It is a 6-point chromoly roll bar, with removable swingouts on both doors and a Crow 5-point harness. I think it came out really nice. And on the street -- with the door bars off -- you hardly even know it is back there.

Here are some pics, in the track configuration.

And here are some pics of it in "street mode" (i.e., no door bars, and harness tucked in the back).

Old 6/24/07, 05:41 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Holy crap thats amazing Don!!!!! I can't wait to see some vids of that blue beast down the track. They did a **** good job on that. I'm already in dire need of one with me being a vert. Have they done any work on verts that you know of? Also, how much did it run?

BTW, I installed my spydershaft, CHE ds loop, anti squats, panhard bar, and panhard brace today and it's amazing. I was gonna head to the track but it's raining. Next week I'm ordering my......PI CONVERTER!!!!

O yeah...whats up with the forum? It won't let me on, says the page won't load or something?

- Justin
Old 6/24/07, 05:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Good deal Don, now go tear up the track!
Old 6/24/07, 06:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Looks freaking sweet man! I see that the rear crossover bar is pretty straight compared to ChevyKiller, do you have limited tilt and/or can you put your seat all the way back because of that?
Old 6/24/07, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by LAK3RS
Holy crap thats amazing Don!!!!! I can't wait to see some vids of that blue beast down the track. They did a **** good job on that. I'm already in dire need of one with me being a vert. Have they done any work on verts that you know of? Also, how much did it run?

BTW, I installed my spydershaft, CHE ds loop, anti squats, panhard bar, and panhard brace today and it's amazing. I was gonna head to the track but it's raining. Next week I'm ordering my......PI CONVERTER!!!!

O yeah...whats up with the forum? It won't let me on, says the page won't load or something?

- Justin
We ran on Thursday night at Irwindale, but the best it would run was 7.12. It launched great (1.52 60-foot), but the converter is slipping in 4th and killing the top end. I see a new PI in my near future as well. I'll post the vids shortly.

The total cost was $1910. It is $1250 for the cage (in mild steel) with one swingout. Add $200 for the second swingout, and another $300 to upgrade to chromoly. The harness and padding was another $160.

Apparently, something got hosed on the hosting site for the other forum, and Kimmer was away on vacation. I think he's back now and trying to get it fixed.
Old 6/24/07, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by tom281
Good deal Don, now go tear up the track!
Thanks! We went both Thursday and Friday... vids coming soon.

Originally Posted by Cali HP addict
Looks freaking sweet man! I see that the rear crossover bar is pretty straight compared to ChevyKiller, do you have limited tilt and/or can you put your seat all the way back because of that?
I never recline my seat any further back than it is shown in the pics. I was more interested in being able to fold the rear seat back forward (in case I needed to put something long in the trunk), so I asked him to keep the bar as far forward as possible.
Old 6/24/07, 06:32 PM
Cobra Member

That looks a lot better than I thought it would. Can't even notice it in "street" mode.
Old 6/24/07, 06:34 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by don_w
We ran on Thursday night at Irwindale, but the best it would run was 7.12. It launched great (1.52 60-foot), but the converter is slipping in 4th and killing the top end. I see a new PI in my near future as well. I'll post the vids shortly.

The total cost was $1910. It is $1250 for the cage (in mild steel) with one swingout. Add $200 for the second swingout, and another $300 to upgrade to chromoly. The harness and padding was another $160.

Apparently, something got hosed on the hosting site for the other forum, and Kimmer was away on vacation. I think he's back now and trying to get it fixed.
Hopefully it will be up soon...

On the PI converters, what do you think of getting a couple guys together and purchasing them all at once to see about getting a better deal on them? Don't know who would be best to go through pricing wise. Maybe Dyno Joe or PI directly? I'll be talking with Joe on Monday about it and getting everything figured out and settled on the matter. I'd be willing to wait if I could get a couple bucks knocked off for sure!!
Old 6/24/07, 06:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Lookin good Don. Go get em!!
Scott
Old 6/24/07, 06:48 PM

Hopefully it will be up soon...

On the PI converters, what do you think of getting a couple guys together and purchasing them all at once to see about getting a better deal on them? Don't know who would be best to go through pricing wise. Maybe Dyno Joe or PI directly? I'll be talking with Joe on Monday about it and getting everything figured out and settled on the matter. I'd be willing to wait if I could get a couple bucks knocked off for sure!!
I'll be getting mine through Adam.
Old 6/24/07, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by freebass55
That looks a lot better than I thought it would. Can't even notice it in "street" mode.
Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Lookin good Don. Go get em!!
Scott
Thanks guys!
Old 6/24/07, 07:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Holy crap thats amazing Don!!!!!

- Justin

Originally Posted by don_w
Don:
Yes it does! Looks great, and I imagine it'll also increased the rigidity of the car.

I emailed Kimmer and he said he's back and working on it......
Old 6/24/07, 08:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Very nice, very clean look!
Old 6/24/07, 09:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Much needed addition and it looks good too. Double bonus ~
Old 6/24/07, 11:46 PM
GT Member

I am next!!! It really looks good, I like it.
Old 6/25/07, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by psfracer
I am next!!! It really looks good, I like it.
Well, you got to see it in person. It took longer than I wanted it to, but the quality is excellent. I'm quite happy with how it turned out!
Old 6/25/07, 12:14 AM
V6 Member

Don I love the way it is mounted in the trunk takes up very little room.
Old 6/25/07, 01:16 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well done.
Old 6/25/07, 08:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Congratulations !!

One day when my car will be adult she will be like yours.
Old 6/26/07, 01:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Echo what everyone has said Don. Looks great!!!

Quick Reply: Roll Bar finally installed!!