GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Relocation Brackets

Search this Thread

Old 3/27/07, 07:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Relocation Brackets

Hi, i plan on using eibach pro kit springs, and am going to get LCA relocates, i was just wondering if ishould get steeda or BMR. ONe advantage of BMR is they are bolt in, and i dont trust my welds, so this makes them more appealing. However, steeda is weld in, but has more location holes. Idealy weld in is the best, i know. The main point being, what kind of angles are your lca's at with those springs and either of the brakets. Im kind of hoping for a bit of a low inthe back to the arms, but nothing radical. How does the bmrs compare to steeda? are the first two holes vertually identicle and then steeda puts another hole in? (i also sort of dont like how close the holes are in the steeda, but i will worry about that later). Right now i am mostly concerned with teh lca angles with those springs and either of the brackets. Thanks

Beecher
Old 3/27/07, 07:25 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I have the Steeda brackets, but haven't installed them yet. They offer more adjustability over the BMR's. That's the main advantage.
Old 3/27/07, 07:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Steeda's are supposed to be superior due to the 3 holes to adjust. Either way they work nicely.
Old 3/28/07, 05:59 PM
Cobra R Member

I do not believe Steeda is superior due to the three holes and higher price. I have BMR brackets. No welding and they work great.
Old 3/28/07, 08:36 PM
Former Vendor

I have to agree with Mongoose on this one, from an installers standpoint.

Not knocking the Steeda. A+ product, as well.

CR
Tillman Speed
Old 3/28/07, 10:53 PM
Cobra Member

hello..

so bolting it on is better than welding?

even if you bold the BMR's should you weld it too?
Old 3/29/07, 12:33 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by YaoNYC
hello..

so bolting it on is better than welding?

even if you bold the BMR's should you weld it too?
You can believe if they needed to be welded on my BMRs would be and they are not. Someone must be feeding you some bad info. and you came to the right place to get the real story.
Old 3/29/07, 06:41 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I've got the CHE's, bolt in, one hole. The work great, and the one hole for me puts my LCA's level with the ground, which is were they are suppossed to be, no pointed up or down from the axle. Easy install, no rubbing on the sway bar, and the work GREAT! No sacrifice in ride quality. Launching the car is MUCH nicer, I don't feel like my tail pipes are going to drag anymore. Highlly recommended.

Oh, and I can always weld them in if I feel like it, but don't see a need to.
Old 3/29/07, 06:41 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Mongoose
You can believe if they needed to be welded on my BMRs would be and they are not. Someone must be feeding you some bad info. and you came to the right place to get the real story.

thanks mongoose..sounds great!
Old 3/29/07, 06:43 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Hatchman
I've got the CHE's, bolt in, one hole. The work great, and the one hole for me puts my LCA's level with the ground, which is were they are suppossed to be, no pointed up or down from the axle. Easy install, no rubbing on the sway bar, and the work GREAT! No sacrifice in ride quality. Launching the car is MUCH nicer, I don't feel like my tail pipes are going to drag anymore. Highlly recommended.

Oh, and I can always weld them in if I feel like it, but don't see a need to.
thanks hatchman for the info!
Old 3/29/07, 07:06 AM

thanks for the info. The steedas and bmrs are withing bucks of each other. And i believe ultimatly weld in is better, if you can weld (i have a fried who could for me tho, i have 2 welders and zero skill....). I think i will probably go with the BMRs then, the look pretty sturdy for bolt in, and im not going to be dragging, i never drive this car anyway, and when i do its road race (of course not on the street, that would be illegal
Thanks guys.

Beecher
Old 3/29/07, 07:16 AM
Team Mustang Source

I too am looking at getting these when I lower the car, then I saw the attached photo. Is that how close to the ground they are supposed to be?

Jon
Attached Thumbnails Relocation Brackets-relocationbracket.jpg  
Old 3/29/07, 07:35 AM
Cobra Member

I went with the CHE's, I will be installing them when I get back from vacation. I'll let you know.
Old 3/29/07, 07:48 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jon_Purdy
I too am looking at getting these when I lower the car, then I saw the attached photo. Is that how close to the ground they are supposed to be?

Jon
It sure is ! Looks problematic! doesn't it!
Old 3/29/07, 07:49 AM
Team Mustang Source

I must say, I'm impressed with the CHE site. Very detailed instructions on how to install the various parts, something that is essential for a relative novice like me.

Jon
Old 3/29/07, 11:17 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Jon_Purdy

Jon
holy smokes! is it really that low?

if so...i will be worried driving where potential potholes will be!

anyone confirm this for us?

thanks!
Old 3/29/07, 12:18 PM
Cobra Member

i just called BMR and i email then that picture to confirm if it is really that low to the ground.

i'll keep everyone updated..

thanks!
Old 3/29/07, 12:26 PM
Cobra Member

I think that picture is at an odd angle. I don't think they hang down much further than the lowest part of our exhaust.
Old 3/29/07, 10:46 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

From the pic above, it looks like you have 3-4" of ground clearance. If you compress the suspension to the point of where those touch the ground, you are going to have other problems.

Also, is anyone running the BMR brackets with FRPP springs? I have Steeda's in my garage, but might run BMR's.
Old 3/30/07, 06:49 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by max2000jp
From the pic above, it looks like you have 3-4" of ground clearance. If you compress the suspension to the point of where those touch the ground, you are going to have other problems.

Also, is anyone running the BMR brackets with FRPP springs? I have Steeda's in my garage, but might run BMR's.

The relocation brackets bolt to the axle mounts. They will always be the same height from the ground, unless you change tire/wheel diameter (or get a flat tire).

Quick Reply: Relocation Brackets