GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Rear suspension question

Search this Thread

Old 9/11/07, 12:53 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear suspension question

Anyone using Spohn or J&M suspension components if so I would like to know what you think of their components.I have an Eibach pro kit installed and would like to upgrade the rear components. I'm thinking of going Adj spherical UCA with fixed LCA's with relocation brackets and and adj Panhard rod. Would there be any benifit from doing ADJ UCA and LCA's? Because either one should allow for pinion angle adjustment right? Also anyone using poly/spherical combos is there much increase in road noise?Any help or recomendations would be appreciated.
Old 9/11/07, 02:13 PM
Bullitt Member

You will not be happy with spherical bearings for street driving... they are noisy to the point of distraction... You will do well with poly bushings. The adj. UCA and non-adj. LCA's will work great, that's the combonation I have with the adj. Panhard Bar..

I'm a BMR man myself, sorry, I don't know much about Spohn or J&M. Which ever you choose will make a difference in the performance of your car.

Bobby M.
Old 9/11/07, 04:06 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gleamin05
Anyone using Spohn or J&M suspension components if so I would like to know what you think of their components.I have an Eibach pro kit installed and would like to upgrade the rear components. I'm thinking of going Adj spherical UCA with fixed LCA's with relocation brackets and and adj Panhard rod. Would there be any benifit from doing ADJ UCA and LCA's? Because either one should allow for pinion angle adjustment right? Also anyone using poly/spherical combos is there much increase in road noise?Any help or recomendations would be appreciated.
I have the J&M adjustable panhard bar, aluminum with spherical ends! no noise from it what so ever!! and the J&M LCA relocation brackets these components are well made !!
Attached Thumbnails Rear suspension question-mvc-064s.jpg   Rear suspension question-mvc-062s.jpg   Rear suspension question-mvc-060s.jpg  
Old 9/11/07, 05:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by blkstang06
I have the J&M adjustable panhard bar, aluminum with spherical ends! no noise from it what so ever!! and the J&M LCA relocation brackets these components are well made !!
Nice looking setup. What's with all that rust stuff! Want me to buy you a can of black paint? Congrats on 1000 posts!!!!!! Slow poke!
Scott
Old 9/11/07, 05:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Rust happens when you get old, so I've been told........ Oh wait you mean the car??

STD
Old 9/11/07, 06:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281
Rust happens when you get old, so I've been told........ Oh wait you mean the car??

STD
Smart butt. Your day will come!!! Of course I'll will be dead then. but ....oh well!
Old 9/11/07, 08:35 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by tom281

STD
Tom, your in your thirty's now! It's all down hill from now on ! .......
Old 9/11/07, 08:49 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Nice looking setup. What's with all that rust stuff! Want me to buy you a can of black paint? Congrats on 1000 posts!!!!!! Slow poke!
Scott
Scott, I'll buy the paint! and you and paint it for me! .....Yep! 1000 post's...I figured I would have been banned from the TMS by now!!...
Old 9/12/07, 09:08 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by blkstang06

Thanks for the info. I'm surprised the spherical panhard is not noisy, that is good to know. J&M has those special poly/ball ends that look like they should perform like a spherical and be quiet like poly bushings. They make everything but and adjustable upper which I need.
Old 9/12/07, 09:12 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by MooStang05gt
You will not be happy with spherical bearings for street driving... they are noisy to the point of distraction... You will do well with poly bushings. The adj. UCA and non-adj. LCA's will work great, that's the combonation I have with the adj. Panhard Bar..

I'm a BMR man myself, sorry, I don't know much about Spohn or J&M. Which ever you choose will make a difference in the performance of your car.

Bobby M.
Thanks for the info much appreciated. Just wondering which sway bars are you running?? Also which strut shock package would you recommend ?
Old 9/12/07, 04:09 PM

Also anyone using poly/spherical combos is there much increase in road noise?
I've running BMR poly/spherical adjustable LCAs for over a year (15K miles). The do make a little noise at slow speeds on bumpy roads, but not enough to bother me.

And if you're planning on using relo LCA brackets, I'd recommend the Adj LCAs. You may need to lengthen them to reach the holes.
Old 9/12/07, 04:49 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by don_w
I've running BMR poly/spherical adjustable LCAs for over a year (15K miles). The do make a little noise at slow speeds on bumpy roads, but not enough to bother me.

And if you're planning on using relo LCA brackets, I'd recommend the Adj LCAs. You may need to lengthen them to reach the holes.
Right on! Don, I had a heck of a time getting the factory LCA's to line up with my relocation brackets.
Old 9/12/07, 06:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the info much appreciated. Just wondering which sway bars are you running?? Also which strut shock package would you recommend ?
I have the OEM sway bars (didn't have the money to upgrade them) and the FRPP Stg 3 shocks & struts. The FRPP's are working very well on the streeet, I haven't had the opportunity to use them on the track. But, I'm sure they will hold their own when and if I ever need them to perform.

Bobby M.
Old 9/27/07, 07:16 PM
V6 Member

Thanks for all the info everyone. I went with the J&M LCA's and relocation brackets,which just got delivered, very nice quality looking parts. I will be going with the edelbrock adj panhard rod and edelbrock adj spherical UCA which I can get local at a good price. Now just need to install them !!!
Old 9/27/07, 07:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Let us know how you like the LCA's, I've been thinking about them for some time now.