GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Raptor shift light using speed of sound pods

Search this Thread

Old 5/3/06, 11:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NOLAGT @ May 3, 2006, 10:15 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Don't they have one that said something along the lines of "objects in mirror appear to be slower than you" That would be funny too. Where do you get these?
[/b][/quote]

I want one that says:

OBJECTS IN MIRROR ARE LOSERS
Old 5/3/06, 12:46 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They are the nicest looking pods i have ever seen, and hawg. I personally think the side view of your setup looks fine. Although seeing it in person might be a different story, it looks great for a custom job.
Old 5/4/06, 03:15 AM
Cobra R Member

On the shift light, is it pretty much as the raptor web site tells you how to install it? or are there tips still out there?
Old 5/4/06, 07:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Is it considered cheesy/rice to have a gauge pod but no blower/spray?

I really want a shift light and those nexus gauges in that sos pod would look good. But part of me thinks I should have some type of blower/spray to have a pod [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 5/4/06, 08:02 AM
Cobra R Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NOLAGT @ May 4, 2006, 7:28 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Is it considered cheesy/rice to have a gauge pod but no blower/spray?

I really want a shift light and those nexus gauges in that sos pod would look good. But part of me thinks I should have some type of blower/spray to have a pod [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

i usually think that way well at least on riced out cars, but i dont know, that looks kinda cool. And i would prefer to be able to see an accurate oil pressure and water temp instead of the dummy gauges used in cars today. They will only show fluctuation when the reading starts getting pretty bad.

if you like gauge pods, its your car, go ahead and use them. Doesnt matter what other people think. and its a great way to mount gauges.
Old 5/4/06, 08:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Im not too worried about what others think....problem is I kinda think that way too lol. My 5% tint is dark enough so no one could see in [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 5/4/06, 08:33 AM
Cobra R Member

oh its all good, yeah i dont like tint. Not ripping on you, but i wouldnt tint my windows. just saying i think everyone has their own tastes and thats what its all about

although one of the japanese companies (apexi i think) make a line of gauges that actually attach to the windshield glass that i always thought looked really neat. They sell them in the states with proper units as well. I always thought gauge pod mounts looked bulky, but these dont.
Old 5/4/06, 09:28 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(don_w @ May 3, 2006, 11:47 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

And hawg... I need a decal like you have on your mirror. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

heck, I didn't even notice that it showed up in the picture. Got it off of fleabay for 4 bucks.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cheese302 @ May 4, 2006, 9:36 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
oh its all good, yeah i dont like tint. Not ripping on you, but i wouldnt tint my windows. just saying i think everyone has their own tastes and thats what its all about
[/b][/quote]

Obviously spoken by someone that doesn't live in Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, Lousiana, Florida, Oklahoma, etc. Without window tint, I don't care if you have ice chips flying at you out of your center vents when the A/C is on, you WILL get a sunburn through the glass in the summer.
Old 5/4/06, 09:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hawgman @ May 4, 2006, 10:31 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Obviously spoken by someone that doesn't live in Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, Lousiana, Florida, Oklahoma, etc. Without window tint, I don't care if you have ice chips flying at you out of your center vents when the A/C is on, you WILL get a sunburn through the glass in the summer.
[/b][/quote]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] so true and when your car is black on black like mine its insta-sweat temp as soon as you get in the car. I even close off the 4th vent on the passengerside!