GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Questions about Supercharging...

Search this Thread

Old 2/26/06, 04:15 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ive saved just about 5000 and am looking into getting a blower for the GT...my questions are... how much is the whole shebang gonna cost... including the blower, the injectors etc. along with install and tune... how much am i looking at spending...

ive pretty much decided on the saleen but KB is looking nicer and nicer.... i wanna stay at around 400 rwhp so i can keep my stock internals for awhile....

any help is appreciated...

Thanks
Old 2/27/06, 06:39 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mrericpm @ February 26, 2006, 5:18 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Ive saved just about 5000 and am looking into getting a blower for the GT...my questions are... how much is the whole shebang gonna cost... including the blower, the injectors etc. along with install and tune... how much am i looking at spending...

ive pretty much decided on the saleen but KB is looking nicer and nicer.... i wanna stay at around 400 rwhp so i can keep my stock internals for awhile....
any help is appreciated...
Thanks
[/b][/quote]
I just puchased a new GT and had the dealer install the Roush set up. I chose Roush to preserve my warranty. If your car is still under the 3 year 36K warranty you might want to consider the Roush too. Roush will pick up the balance of your 3 year 36K on the power train. The set up including labor etc. was about $6500.
Old 2/27/06, 08:04 AM

SVT Ford dealer is installing my KB on my new 06 and they also will honor the Ford Factory warranty and the Ford extended warranty.
They also do Roush and Saleen and Vortech s/c installs.
They will only honor Ford warranty if the stock KB kit is installed by them and not modified (i.e; pulley or tune)

I
Old 2/27/06, 08:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(uberPony @ February 27, 2006, 10:07 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
SVT Ford dealer is installing my KB on my new 06 and they also will honor the Ford Factory warranty and the Ford extended warranty.
They also do Roush and Saleen and Vortech s/c installs.
They will only honor Ford warranty if the stock KB kit is installed by them and not modified (i.e; pulley or tune)

I
[/b][/quote]

How much are they charging for install and did you get the 5psi kit or the 8?
Old 2/27/06, 12:04 PM
V6 Member

Wow. You have a dealer who will do the install and keep the factory warranty! Where are you located? I'd like to meet your dealer for a blower install of my own. Sounds like a cool dealer. Anyone else have this experience at a dealer? I'd like a saleen or KB, but I'm a little leary of ditching my brand new car drivetrain warranty.

Tilt
Old 2/27/06, 12:52 PM

They are installing the 2.4L (8PSI kit) and no problems on the warranty.
The caveat is that you cannot change their tune or change pulley sizes. That is okay with me as I only am seeking 425-440 HP.
I am paying around 1600 dollars for turn-key installation, including synthetic oil change, tune and calibrating my speedo (they also added 3.73 FRRP gears and exhaust).

I paid cash for my vert, but If you are borrowing money (bank) to buy the car they will put the S/C in the total car package price for you.
Old 2/27/06, 01:17 PM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(uberPony @ February 27, 2006, 2:55 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The caveat is that you cannot change their tune or change pulley sizes. That is okay with me as I only am seeking 425-440 HP.
I am paying around 1600 dollars for turn-key installation, including synthetic oil change, tune and calibrating my speedo (they also added 3.73 FRRP gears and exhaust).

I paid cash for my vert, but If you are borrowing money (bank) to buy the car they will put the S/C in the total car package price for you.
[/b][/quote]

Cool. Thanks for the info. Where/Who is this dealer? You can PM me if you don't want to post this info online. Anyone know of a dealer like this in South Florida?

T
Old 2/27/06, 03:41 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(uberPony @ February 27, 2006, 1:55 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

I'd be sure to get all of the warranty info in writing. I was under the impression that as soon as you install the blower it esentially voids the power train portion of the Ford warranty. I thought Roush was the only company offering a warranty on the drive train. I would be leary in the dealer is telling that Ford is honoring future future warranty work on the drive train.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(uberPony @ February 27, 2006, 1:55 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

I'd be sure to get all of the warranty info in writing. I was under the impression that as soon as you install the blower it esentially voids the power train portion of the Ford warranty. I thought Roush was the only company offering a warranty on the drive train. I would be leary in the dealer is telling that Ford is honoring future future warranty work on the drive train.