GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Question on CL intake

Search this Thread

Old 6/4/07, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question on CL intake

Hi, opps, meant CA intake~! i have been thinking about adding the cold air intake to my 07 gt/cs, does this void any kind of warranty? also which is a better fit, i was looking at a K&N set up, whats a good price ? any help is appreciated!

Scott
Old 6/4/07, 07:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

get the warranty delete option.
Old 6/5/07, 01:28 AM
Legacy TMS Member

The C&L, and JLT are the best performing but require tunes. The K&N doesn't require a tune. So first decide on if you want a tune or not and go from there.
Old 6/5/07, 03:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tune or no tune

Scott, I was in the same boat. I looked at the CAI that did not require tuning and after researching and reading about both, it was hands down to get the CAI and tune. Personally I chose Bamachips but there are others out there that are good too. By getting both tuner and CAI, you can "flash back" and switch back to stock airbox when you go back in for warranty service. Once you get your ride back simply reinstall CAI and flash.

There are some issues with stratagy codes in the 06's (which I must deal with) but other than that, I think it is the way to go. Still waiting on mine so I can't tell you the rush it feeds your pony, but from what others have said, it is impressive gain for the $$$ spent...
Old 6/5/07, 04:29 AM
GT Member

Go with what Mach said
Old 6/5/07, 06:52 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Mach
it was hands down to get the CAI and tune. Personally I chose Bamachips but there are others out there that are good too. By getting both tuner and CAI, you can "flash back" and switch back to stock airbox when you go back in for warranty service. Once you get your ride back simply reinstall CAI and flash.

There are some issues with stratagy codes in the 06's (which I must deal with) but other than that, I think it is the way to go. Still waiting on mine so I can't tell you the rush it feeds your pony, but from what others have said, it is impressive gain for the $$$ spent...
Originally Posted by travelinchris
Go with what Mach said
I am a proud owner of C&L Street CAI and BamaChips 91R Tune, different animal when it gets feed properly.
Old 6/5/07, 04:06 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by twosix
Hi, opps, meant CA intake~! i have been thinking about adding the cold air intake to my 07 gt/cs, does this void any kind of warranty? also which is a better fit, i was looking at a K&N set up, whats a good price ? any help is appreciated!

Scott
Do not get any intake without a tune IMO.
I did dyno testing on my car stock, then with the K&N before and after the tune.
SAE Corrected
Stock
271 HP 295 lb/ft
K&N only
276 HP 303 lb/ft
K&N with custom tune
283 HP 308 lb/ft
Uncorrected with CNHA (cold NewHampshire air).
298 HP 324 lb/ft
The JLT seems to have the most airflow, but not much different from the C&L.
Results vary, but you won't get much less HP with the K&N either.

Old 6/6/07, 08:38 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

C&L Street + Brenspeed Warp Drive tune! This tune is only legal in states where you can also marry your sister!........
Attached Thumbnails Question on CL intake-mvc-021s.jpg  
Old 6/6/07, 04:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by blkstang06
C&L Street + Brenspeed Warp Drive tune! This tune is only legal in states where you can also marry your sister!........

STD...you really are back. And what relation is your wife to you? How many branches on your family tree? However, I also have the C & L intake running a 93 octane tune. Go with either the C & L or the JLT and a good tune. It takes all or 15 minutes to change the intake back to stock and reflash the computer with the stock tune if you have to go to the dealer. Do not mess with those "no tune" intakes IMO!!!!!
Scott
Old 6/6/07, 05:26 PM
Cobra Member

dude

IS THAT A NEW TUNE???? I HOPE YOU ARE KIDING
Old 6/6/07, 05:51 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
STD...you really are back. And what relation is your wife to you? How many branches on your family tree? However, I also have the C & L intake running a 93 octane tune. Go with either the C & L or the JLT and a good tune. It takes all or 15 minutes to change the intake back to stock and reflash the computer with the stock tune if you have to go to the dealer. Do not mess with those "no tune" intakes IMO!!!!!
Scott
I don't have a family tree! Just a family tree trunk!.. But to be serious all the testing data I've seen on the no tune CAI's shows a less than desirable A/F ratio, is to the point of harming the Motor.. maybe not!
Old 6/9/07, 07:56 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
But to be serious all the testing data I've seen on the no tune CAI's shows a less than desirable A/F ratio, is to the point of harming the Motor.. maybe not!
Exactly!!!