GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Question about off road x pipe

Search this Thread

Old 8/27/07, 03:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about off road x pipe

Would I be safe driving my car for a week with an o/r x pipe and no tune or MIL eliminators. I know the CEL will come on, but is there any chance of it going into fail safe mode or something. I'm hoping to get my car into my brothers shop on Saturday. It'll make some things alot easier when we have it up on a lift(I've got some other goodies going on as well). My CAI and tune wont arrive until sometime during next week. Can anyone shed some light on this, thanks!
Old 8/27/07, 04:40 AM
Bullitt Member

besides the cel if it even comes on, you should be fine.
Old 8/30/07, 10:27 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just be sure you do everything correctly and you should be alright.
Old 8/31/07, 04:38 AM
Bullitt Member

I have good mechanical knowledge and tacobills x pipe sticky My brother is a mechanic and will be helping me as well. I've got alot of parts coming soon, but I found out today my Steeda Pulleys are on back order
Old 9/3/07, 03:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Well we got the BBK headers in. Thank god my brother was there, he has long skinny alien hands while mine are more like a boxing glove. There was no fitment issues with the headers, however the motor mount, starter and steering shaft had to be removed to get the equal length headers installed. The flowmasters went on fine, we couldn't get the second bolt in the most rear hanger, the only way I could see it working is if the over the axle pipe was able to hang down lower and we mounted the most rear hanger first and then slid it on. Unfortunatley we couldn't get it high enough with the stands we were using(it seems very soild even without it though). The biggest "PITA" was the x pipe, I was going to order a pypes o/r x pipe, but decided to get the one from JEGS(shipped for less). It looked pretty much the same, but was in three pieces not two. Anyways who ever made it didn't expand the pipe enough for it to fit together, the hangers were way off and the pipes at the rear of the x pipe were cut crooked and uneven. I love the way it sounds right now and am very please with it(other than the x pipe issues). I can't wait to hear it with the x pipe in. I'm gonna take it to a muffler shop and have them expand the pipe and install it for me.