GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Question about the leaking Master Cylinder issue

Search this Thread

Old 12/7/06, 01:11 PM
whs
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about the leaking Master Cylinder issue

What do I need to do to make sure they fix the ruined paint from the leak?
My 2006 GT has just under 7000 miles on it, took it into the dealer yesteday. Told the tech about the leaking master cylinder and that it dripped down onto the paint. They looked at it and placed an order for the parts they need to fix it. Upon returning the vehicle to me, I asked what they were going to do about fixing the paint and the same tech acted like he knew nothing about it.

I have a feeling they are going to try and play stupid with me about it. I made it a point to tell the techs that the master cylinder was leaking and that the fluid dripped onto the body of the car and destroyed the paint.
Old 12/7/06, 05:06 PM
RPM
GT Member

So you're saying the brake fluid got onto the exterior body panels (i.e. hood, doors, 1/4 panels)? How'd that happen? Anyway, I'd sure make those mouth-breathers fix my car if my door or hood paint got ruined from a leaky master cylinder! **** straight I would! Take 'em to court if you can't get it resolved with dealership management.
Old 12/7/06, 05:26 PM
NJ3
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RPM
So you're saying the brake fluid got onto the exterior body panels (i.e. hood, doors, 1/4 panels)? How'd that happen? Anyway, I'd sure make those mouth-breathers fix my car if my door or hood paint got ruined from a leaky master cylinder! **** straight I would! Take 'em to court if you can't get it resolved with dealership management.
The fluid drips on the frame which is painted, it's all under the hood.

I would talk to a service manager and make sure they know they need to take the car to the body shop for paint. Go over his head if you need to. My 06 has done the same thing. Good luck.
Old 12/7/06, 09:33 PM
whs
GT Member

Originally Posted by NJ3
The fluid drips on the frame which is painted, it's all under the hood.

I would talk to a service manager and make sure they know they need to take the car to the body shop for paint. Go over his head if you need to. My 06 has done the same thing. Good luck.

I guess I should have clarified this, but you described it exactly. I will definitely remind them when I take it in Monday morning.
Old 12/7/06, 09:47 PM
eci
Banned

I wouldn't DARE let dealer monnkeys with their ****ty paint control tear apart my engine bay to repaint a frame rail
Old 12/7/06, 09:53 PM
Bullitt Member

There are many reservoir caps that I have heard of leaking. To the point of paint degredation on the firewall and on down. The fix is simple however, you just remove some fluid until about the lowest fill level. This is the first I have heard of a master cylinder leaking.
Old 12/7/06, 09:55 PM
whs
GT Member

Originally Posted by eci
I wouldn't DARE let dealer monnkeys with their ****ty paint control tear apart my engine bay to repaint a frame rail
Do I have a choice on who will fix the paint? I have a feeling that the dealership is going to be difficult to deal with.