GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Pypes Mid-Muffler, Interior Sound?

Search this Thread

Old 10/14/08, 09:13 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pypes Mid-Muffler, Interior Sound?

I have not been able to find much information on what the pypes mid muffler system sounds like on the inside of the car. Which is what i am most interested in. Most axleback systems just provide a loud constant loud note, or drone, if it was a soundwave they would look like this:

But some other mid-muffler systems, such as crown victoria's, older mustangs, trucks, sound more like this: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A nice alternating engine "purr".

Is this what the pypes mid-muffler system sounds like? Is it obnoxiously loud when accellerating, how does it sound on idle or when the foot is not on the gas pedal? Thanks.
Old 10/14/08, 09:46 AM
GT Member

The idle is not obnoxious inside the car at all. When you accelerate is when the sound really opens up. Oh yeah and loud on a cold start up too.
Old 10/14/08, 06:22 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I had a very slight amount of drone between 2K & 2050 with my MM system, very minor.
I've got a vid or so on Youtube when I had the MM system on from inside the car, search my username.
Currently not running the MM.
Old 10/14/08, 06:44 PM
GT Member

the MM system is great, there is no drone at idle or cruising speeds. only when you hammer on it and then its minimal
Old 10/14/08, 07:09 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i love the system.... there is noticable sound inside especially when you rail on it, but otherwise it just sounds badass...

i put fatmat in my car under a lot of the panels, and in the trunk, and i love it even more now cause its quiet until i punch it then it screams...
Old 10/14/08, 07:42 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Airwolf
I have not been able to find much information on what the pypes mid muffler system sounds like on the inside of the car. Which is what i am most interested in. Most axleback systems just provide a loud constant loud note, or drone, if it was a soundwave they would look like this:

But some other mid-muffler systems, such as crown victoria's, older mustangs, trucks, sound more like this: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A nice alternating engine "purr".

Is this what the pypes mid-muffler system sounds like? Is it obnoxiously loud when accellerating, how does it sound on idle or when the foot is not on the gas pedal? Thanks.

I know exactly what you mean by the axleback just giving a constant noise, thats what I don't like about the axlebacks for these cars. The sound of the exhaust outside the car does not sound the same inside. With the mid muffler you can hear more of the - - - - - - - - - -lol. Almost like what a long tube header gives you. You can hear each cyclinder better I guess. Accellerating is not too loud but thats subjective to different ears, idle sounds nice and meaty. On A cold start it almost sounds like it has cams. What I also like about the mid muffler is they do not drone like most axlebacks, very minimal. Out of all the exhausts I have tried these are definently my favorite and unless borla or magnafow comes out with a mid muffler (which will never happen)these will stay on my car...

Last edited by SONICBOOST; 10/14/08 at 10:40 PM.