GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Prochamber Install

Search this Thread

Old 2/11/07, 04:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prochamber Install

Fellow car nuts!!!

I decided to follow in Tacobill's shoes and contribute to the collective knowledge! This morning I installed the direct fit MAC Prochamber I got from CR at Tillman Speed, one of the new TMS sponsors. I'm giving them mad props for getting the part to me in two days even after I beat them down on the price...including shipping!!

The Prochamber:

Pros: Nice and shiny stainless steel...this alone is enough to distract and mesmerize any real man!! Other than that, the welds looked good, and it seemed to have survived UPS without incident.

Cons: Seemed a little rough around the edges. The back end pipes seemed a little crooked, and there was a lot of factory grit inside the pipes.

Install notes: I hereby offically recognize TacoBill as king of installation instructions, since I basically copied everything he wrote in his FRPP X-Pipe Install. The Prochamber install is only different in one key area though...you have to make your cut forward of the stock H-pipe's bracket hangers, so it won't fall on your head when you cut through the last pipe.
And a quick disclaimer, I'm military, so I have access to a full service auto shop complete with lift. The whole process took me two hours to change out the H-pipe, change my oil (15K!!--first Mobil 1 synthetic), and realign my Stingers. Those working on the floor in their garage...well...yeah.

Install:

Got the car up and the Prochamber out of the box. Disconnect the mid-pipe clamps and support the overaxle pipes. With the assistance of some auto shop regulars I lined the back pipes of the Prochamber up with the stock H-pipe and then made some marks with a grease pencil on the stock pipe where the Prochamber lined up in the front. (no photo of this procedure) Then, per TacoBill, I measured back 1.5" towards the rear for the overlap and established my cut lines. I placed tape and marked the cut lines with a big red arrow!

With cut lines clearly established, I break out the reciprocating saw with the metal cutting blade and do the scariest thing I have ever done...start to hack up my fairly new Mustang!

to be continued...
Old 2/12/07, 04:03 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mods, please delete this thread, it was an accidental repost during last night's troubles
Old 2/12/07, 07:42 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So how do you like the sound of the prochamber, it smooths out the exhaust right, I like your double thread you got goin