GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Problems with Pro 5.0 install

Search this Thread

Old 9/9/05, 09:07 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone else installed a Pro 5.0 shifter yet? So far I am not impressed and wondering if something is wrong....

Opened the box and I had a bunch of parts and newspaper....no instructions what so ever. Great start. I have been working on Mustangs for years so I dove in anyway. Dropped the DS, took the 2 rear bolts out, removed the 13 mm bolt from the bottom of the stick, removed the front bolt to get the arm off and out it came. So far so good. Looked at everything in the box.

Shifter
front arm
2 different size brass bushings and a nut

Connected the arm up front using the factory bolt easy
Attached the shifter itself and put the 2 10 mm bolts back in to hold it in the tunnel no problem

grabbed the shifter arm itself. With the large bushing on first it will not go into 5th or reverse. Ok I have it backward. Switched them around and now 3-4-5-R are easy but I have to muscle it into 1-2. This definately does not seem right. I parked it and called it a night.....

ANyone have any ideas? I have always used Pro 5.0s and been happy. With the shifter disconnected from the arm it moves side to side with no problem. Reattach to shifter and it moves to the right but has to be muscled to the left....this CANNOT be right