GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

problem with saleen sc

Search this Thread

Old 8/10/08, 07:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
problem with saleen sc

ive had it in for about 2 years. 6 months ago had a new pully, tune, vacume hose. it showed a boast of about 10-11psi on the gauge. no the boast gauge is starting to flutter and shake. it wont go above about 5psi. i reran the race tune from JDM and still nothing. i have been noticing that when i floor it it starts to sound like its sputering. please help.
Old 8/10/08, 10:06 PM
Legacy Supercharged Tms Member

Received 57 Likes on 37 Posts
The issues might not be related. Is your gauge electric or are you using vacuum? When you say "tune" I assume you mean that you got a new program for your handheld tuner. Right? After two years you might have excessive oil blowby and fouled plugs; or with your new pulley and increased HP, you might be getting spark blowout. If you have an electric boost gauge, check your wiring connections, if you're not getting good contact or have a frayed wire, your gauge will flutter like crazy. You might still be getting the right boost but the gauge reading will be screwy. If you have the gauge hooked to a vacuum source and you just changed the hose, maybe it's pinched or if you used the wrong kind of hose, it might have collapsed. Anyway, give us a little bit more info about your setup and what changes you've made in the past 6 months and we might be able to give you more suggestions about where to start.

Last edited by RedFire281; 8/10/08 at 10:08 PM.
Old 8/11/08, 02:48 PM

im new at this so, i dont know if my gauge is elec. it is a saleen double pod thats on the dashboard.
yes its a program from JDM with the sct2 tuner. if its a vacuun hose, were would i look? thanks for the help.

Originally Posted by RedFire281
The issues might not be related. Is your gauge electric or are you using vacuum? When you say "tune" I assume you mean that you got a new program for your handheld tuner. Right? After two years you might have excessive oil blowby and fouled plugs; or with your new pulley and increased HP, you might be getting spark blowout. If you have an electric boost gauge, check your wiring connections, if you're not getting good contact or have a frayed wire, your gauge will flutter like crazy. You might still be getting the right boost but the gauge reading will be screwy. If you have the gauge hooked to a vacuum source and you just changed the hose, maybe it's pinched or if you used the wrong kind of hose, it might have collapsed. Anyway, give us a little bit more info about your setup and what changes you've made in the past 6 months and we might be able to give you more suggestions about where to start.
Old 8/11/08, 03:33 PM
Cobra Member

Do you possibly have a leak at the boost actuator?