GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Problem with Bama tune?

Search this Thread

Old 7/7/06, 07:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problem with Bama tune?

I'm running Doug's 93 torque tune with the demolet tunable induction. The car runs great but there is one question I have. When the car is started up first thing in the morning the throttle response is awesome. You can tap the throttle the car responds immediately and you can hear the intake sucking air. Once the car warms up the response isn't as pronounced and you can't really hear the intake sucking noise. Granted it's better than the stock tune but should the Bama tune be like this or is this natural when the car warms up.
Old 7/7/06, 09:45 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it sounds strange to be honest....

keep in mind you are at fast idle when the car is started (about 1500rpm) so the intake noise and throttle response are different. Driving my car is always different before it warms up, the idle is higher than normal for a while.
Old 7/7/06, 04:04 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With Dougs tune, the throttle is overly sensitive when cold. It's like putting a standard trans in first and tapping the gas while coasting, kinda jerky. After a few seconds it calms down and it doesn't lurch anymore. The car would be almost undrivable if it stayed that sensitive. Think it has to do more with just how the ecm trys to compensate for sluggish cold starts, which would be calibrated for the stock sloppy throttle response. Since Doug tightens up the throttle response so well, it lurches until it gets warmed up a bit.

Thats just my speculation, I'm no mechanic. But think it's normal.