GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Porting 3v heads leads to some serious #'s!

Search this Thread

Old 5/27/05, 04:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by StangFreak@May 26, 2005, 9:03 PM
Saw this on another forum and had to post it here. Seems there is a lot of HP lurking in the 3V cylinder heads just waiting to be released!!! Who needs a blower??!!
Ported 3V heads
who needs a blower.... anyone wanting to buy a blower like me would also take advantage of the head porting and end up with 500-600 hp
Old 5/27/05, 08:25 PM

Chris, I'm not out there bad mouthing you at all. There are some on here that if they asked, I'd tell them. I'm not just spreading hearsay for the sake of gossip. I've heard different things from different people. How reliable is the info, don't know. I have talked to you a couple times on the phone and at the track, in some length. You're a nice guy and you definately talk the talk. I'm still learning a lot, so I have to rely on others for info. I haven't publicly posted a single bit of hearsay about you or your company. I don't know anyone down here that has had any work done by you. I just ask around and spend my money where I see fit. As most know on here, I've spent some good money on my car. Based on what I've said, why would I spend money on your heads when Livernois (who is very reputable) has the same with a few extra HP? Chris, I'm not at all trying to attack or spread negativity about you or your company. I'll be more than happy to meet with you and share what I've heard if you care to defend or correct me. I'd love to meet some people that have had work done by you. There's just some people on here that I communicate with that would appreciate any info I may have as I would like to know what anyone else may know about any company. If they ask me, I'll tell them. If it's a lurker, I don't. We could have done this through PM's instead of showing all this to everyone. Pm me if your interested in talking and I'll give you my number.
Old 5/27/05, 09:13 PM
FR500 Member

BBR, can you tell me how the heads affect emissions for a street driven car? They would be a tough item to change out for "smog check" day.

Thanks,

Paul
Old 5/28/05, 11:50 AM

Originally posted by wild stray@May 27, 2005, 9:16 PM
BBR, can you tell me how the heads affect emissions for a street driven car? They would be a tough item to change out for "smog check" day.

Thanks,

Paul
Yes, I would like to know this as well...as I live in CA too.
Also, how much loss in gas mileage would one see after this mod?
Old 5/28/05, 03:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Sounds like a great product, very impressive power gains. I'm definitly interested in this mod, if I can get Ford to hurry up and build me a car someday.

Any chance you guys are planning on offering your product where we don't have to send in heads to you? Might cut down on some hassle.

Thanks for another great mod.
Old 5/28/05, 10:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by wild stray@May 27, 2005, 11:16 PM

Thanks,

Paul

you might want to wait until you hear it from Chris. But I don't see why it would effect it. As long as you are running proper emission controlled exhaust there should be no problems what-so-ever. Not to mention, i'm sure there is a way you can adjust your tune at the emissions place once you get there just for the inspection.
Old 5/29/05, 10:26 PM

Dave - call me and we can talk..

Paul / Lance : As Johnny said I don't see any reason why the port work would effect your emissions, but we have not yet tested them. We can test them If you'd like to be on the safe side...

Beau: Yes we will have port cores on the self in about 3 weeks. We can send you our ported version and you can send us your stock heads - this way there is no down time on your car.. Call us with any questions
Old 5/29/05, 10:45 PM
FR500 Member

Johnny, thanks. Chris, I think testing for emissions will be very important to myself and anyone in emissions sensitive states and some areas (counties) that require special testing in otherwise non-sensitive states. For myself, it's the only issue (other than street driveability), that would make me hesitate to go with pp.

Thanks,

Paul
Old 5/31/05, 11:11 AM

just to be clear, is this some sort of blueprinting job, or are some of the dimensions opened up?

Mike
Old 5/31/05, 07:21 PM

Originally posted by whiteboyslo@May 31, 2005, 11:14 AM
just to be clear, is this some sort of blueprinting job, or are some of the dimensions opened up?

Mike
This is a CNC program the Chambers are let alone, but the runners are opended up. Look at our Flow #'s

http://blowbyracing.com/05_head.htm