GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

popping or cracking sound

Search this Thread

Old 4/21/05, 06:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While talking to a friend of mine who owns a Mustang performance shop, I asked him if he knew of other Mustang owners who were experiencing the front end noises, he said just about all that he knew of were having these same popping sounds. He called a friend of his at SVO Ford Motor, and was told that Ford is aware of the problem, it's not a saftey issue. It is something in the front sway bar, the fix is 30 to 60 days out, and it will be done in a recall. Hope this helps, my GT has only 1000 miles and the noise seems to be getting worse.
Old 4/21/05, 07:10 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine is getting worse too. Same response from the dealer. In fact, I have a copy of the TSB that instructs the dealer to not repair at the moment.
Started off as a random pop in the right front on a sharp turn from a dead stop, now it popps constantly and I think it is both sides. Wish they would hurry up a bit with the fix. Getting it repaired is the only thing holding me back on doing a spring replacement. Don't want to mess with anything that would give them the excuse to say they expect me to pay for the repair.