GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information
View Poll Results: Which Cams Would You Purchase?
Ford Racing Hot Rod Cams
33.33%
Comp Cams Mutha Thumpr Cams
33.33%
Brenspeed Detroit Rocker Cams
33.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Poll - Which Cams?

Search this Thread

Old 1/29/12, 09:50 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poll - Which Cams?

Hi guys,

I've done some searching, but it seems that it's a mixed result as to which cams are the best for N/A, using factory springs. I'm going to be pulling the trigger on cams within the next few months and want to get the best bang for the buck. Please weigh in!
Old 1/30/12, 07:20 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 05 GT Stang
Hi guys,

I've done some searching, but it seems that it's a mixed result as to which cams are the best for N/A, using factory springs. I'm going to be pulling the trigger on cams within the next few months and want to get the best bang for the buck. Please weigh in!
I have ***** thumprs. Biggest cams for stock heads. Idle is serious as hell. Power in high rpms is amazing. Took my buddy for a ride, he said it felt like it never stopped pulling. Only other mods are the tune CAI and axelback. I highly recommend them. Check out my recent thread. "cams are amazing..." I have a before and after vid. Quality suck but you'll get an idea...
Old 1/30/12, 12:56 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by muscledom
I have ***** thumprs. Biggest cams for stock heads. Idle is serious as hell. Power in high rpms is amazing. Took my buddy for a ride, he said it felt like it never stopped pulling. Only other mods are the tune CAI and axelback. I highly recommend them. Check out my recent thread. "cams are amazing..." I have a before and after vid. Quality suck but you'll get an idea...
Thanks for your input Muscledom. I've watched your before and after vids and it sounds nice! I have JBA LT headers, O/R H-pipe and axlebacks, so my ride is pretty loud now...I can only imagine how loud it's going to be with cams! I've found a lot of people with the FRPP Hot Rod cams, which don't require a Phaser Limiter Kit...but I'm not sure what the difference is in power/sound/idle.
Old 1/30/12, 12:57 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Modmax cams
Old 1/30/12, 03:21 PM
Banned

Thanks for your input Muscledom. I've watched your before and after vids and it sounds nice! I have JBA LT headers, O/R H-pipe and axlebacks, so my ride is pretty loud now...I can only imagine how loud it's going to be with cams! I've found a lot of people with the FRPP Hot Rod cams, which don't require a Phaser Limiter Kit...but I'm not sure what the difference is in power/sound/idle.
Thanks man. The idle is alot cooler with the Thumprs IMO. But yea ur car will sound like a pissed off dragon. My car turns heads and it's still relatively quiet. Cops and geriatrics are gonna LOVE you lmao
Old 2/6/12, 01:09 PM
V6 Member

I thought FRPP Hot Rod cams would at least get a single vote....
Old 2/6/12, 01:47 PM
Banned

I thought FRPP Hot Rod cams would at least get a single vote....
They don't have a very tough sounding idle IMO.
Old 2/6/12, 02:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Any of these cams not make the car a ton louder? I have off r x and magnaflow axle backs and it almost sounds stock... Kinda fun to bust on people when they think ur stock... So adding long tubes, cmdp, and a good n/a cam that still slows the car to be more or less quiet would b fun...
Old 2/6/12, 03:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by silversky545
Any of these cams not make the car a ton louder? I have off r x and magnaflow axle backs and it almost sounds stock... Kinda fun to bust on people when they think ur stock... So adding long tubes, cmdp, and a good n/a cam that still slows the car to be more or less quiet would b fun...
I doubt it. My car isn't loud but it's sure as hell ALOT louder than before the cams. Not having cats will turn heads for sure. I get lots of looks, so says my girl, and I basically stock exhaust.
Old 2/6/12, 03:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Had a fox body w a b cam and it was quiet , thought there's one like that out there