GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Please Help, Limp Home Mode

Search this Thread

Old 4/27/07, 09:37 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please Help, Limp Home Mode

I had made a previous post about a problem I am having. All of sudden one day I started my car and back out of the driveway and it went into failsafe mode. I got a P2105 code: Throttle Actuator Control System, forced engine shutdown and also P0102 Mass or Volume Air flow circuit low input. Some suggested the throttle body was bad. I just replaced it today with a brand new one and I am getting the same codes plues P0480 and P0481 Fan1 and Fan2 Control Circuit. I have checked all connections on the mass air sensor, throttle body etc. The car idle's fine and revs fine. When I back out and go forward about 50ft, that is when I get the limp home mode and all the CEL. I have also reset the batter, reloaded the tune etc. Anyone please help. I am extremely frustrated.
Old 4/27/07, 10:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

what mods do you have? so the connection to the mass air sensor is right you said huh? did you put the mass air sensor in correctly with the opening facing the air filter?

have you re-oiled the filter recently? maybe it was over oiled and it is clogging the sensor?

i dont know, just throwing out ideas. i havent seen your other post so i dont know what you have already tried. it might be easier if you had added to the old post rather than start a new one. or maybe post a link to that thread. good luck with it.
Old 4/27/07, 01:26 PM
V6 Member

Sorry, I actually posted that at another forum and copied over. I have not posted my situation on this forum until now. I have not done any new mods or anything changed in the car. I just started it up one morning and then backed it out and started getting the problems. The car only has 4k miles on it. I have not re oiled the filter. I have a S trim, long tubes, meth injection, gears etc. It is tuned with a Predator and it does have a Mafia on it. I have checked the connections and made sure the mass air sensor was not dirty. I am just stumped and frustrated.