GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

pics of my line locks installed

Search this Thread

Old 4/11/05, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[attachmentid=17528][attachmentid=17527][attachmentid=17526][attachmentid=17525][attachmentid=17524]

Here's some pics of the line locks, lock button and a couple of pics with the locks at work!
Old 4/11/05, 12:27 PM

This will most likely come out sounding stupid, but can you put a line lock on an Automatic?

Joe F.
Old 4/11/05, 12:45 PM

for those of us ignorant of line locks ... what are they? I can assume from your pics that do something to enhance your launch?

Also, got any numbers for your runs?
Old 4/11/05, 01:09 PM
GT Member

I think line locks lock up your front brakes so you can do a good burn out before you do a run at the track - helps get those tires grippy.
Old 4/11/05, 01:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

yeah, line lock will lock your front brakes when you push the button so you can do a burnout and not tear up you rear brakes. Otherwise you would smoke the tires and the brakes if you push too hard on the brake pedal .
Old 4/11/05, 01:23 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
ah i see so how hard is the intall?
Old 4/11/05, 01:43 PM

David, this is my next mod. I found it on their website and it looks like any other line lock kit, just two of everything. Did you have to get anything in addition to their kit or was it complete?

P.S. Your car looks sweet at the track. I am officially jealous.
Old 4/11/05, 01:49 PM
Banned

No thanks. I loike having rubber on my tires..........looks cool though!
Old 4/11/05, 02:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

So how does it work exactly? Do you press the brake pedal then hit the button and take your foot off and it holds it?
Old 4/11/05, 03:25 PM

The line locks are a set of solenoids that is installed in line of the brake lines. When you step on the brakes, pressure is built in the whole brake line system. Press the button, and the solenoid closes off the brake line. It keeps the brake fluid at the front brakes under pressure. It not only saves your brakes, but it saves your clutch as well. I'm not to sure about automatics. I would think so. Inquire with Paul's HP about the auto's or ask someone at your local track that is experienced in racing/car building.
I didn't install these myself. I was hesitant due to the ABS and such. It looks very easy though. Sort of like a gate valve in-line of a piece of pipe, except electric. I had Oakes specialized automotive install them when he installed my RAM clutch.
You can press the button while your driving, but doesn't do anything. You would have to be on the brakes and pressing the button. Even if you managed to do this, I don't think it would be any problem. Think back to driving a car with front disk and rear drums. When the drums are out of adjustment, you never spun around or noticed it too much.
The kit comes complete to do the entire install.
I was running in the bracket class, dial-ins. It was my first time running dial-ins. I was dialed in at 13.10 and kept breaking out or going faster than my pre-determined time. It was hot and that particular track wasn't the best, but was still pretty nice. I couldn't hook up as good. My best 60' was 1.77. On a good track, I should be able to get into the 1.6's. I was getting 1.70 at Bradenton without the new clutch. My best ET was 12.90 @104. In the first round of Brackets, I ran exactly 2 tenths faster and my opponent ran 1 tenth faster. I bought back the round and ran against Bryanzstang in the 2nd round. I changed my time to 13.05 and he was dialed in at 13.00. I thought he was going to break out, so I backed off in the end so I wouldn't break out. He was only .05 over his dial in. Besides, he crossed the 1/4 first, which gives him the win anyways. I give him credit though. He definately has more driving skills than I do! He's a great driver.
Old 4/11/05, 06:30 PM

Can anyone help.just spent $1,100 with Steeda and car runs like poo.Put muflers on wich the car ran great then i hoooked up the predator wich only has 4 options for tunes
Cai with 93
Cai and charge plates 93
factory HP
Original.
Car still ran great playing around with the factory HP.
Just installed the Cold AIr Kit.reprogramed for CAI with 93,Which the car has in it.Took it for a ride and wallaa Not low end doesnt pull at all,Think my explorer would eat it up.reprogramed back to Factory HP and it still has no low end or power with that Cold Air Kit in.
Old 4/11/05, 06:37 PM

Originally posted by mikem@April 11, 2005, 6:33 PM
Can anyone help.just spent $1,100 with Steeda and car runs like poo.Put muflers on wich the car ran great then i hoooked up the predator wich only has 4 options for tunes
Cai with 93
Cai and charge plates 93
factory HP
Original.
Car still ran great playing around with the factory HP.
Just installed the Cold AIr Kit.reprogramed for CAI with 93,Which the car has in it.Took it for a ride and wallaa Not low end doesnt pull at all,Think my explorer would eat it up.reprogramed back to Factory HP and it still has no low end or power with that Cold Air Kit in.
You might get a better response by starting another thread. Not everyone may look at this particular thread. I don't know much about the predator. I know a guy who does though and he's down here. Pm me if you need too.
Old 4/11/05, 10:10 PM
Cobra Member

Lookin good david! I think I'll have those installed also, I don't want to mess with the ABS system either....How's the clutch holding up? Time to spend more money....
Old 4/11/05, 10:59 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

One heck of a show your putting out there. I think its worth saving the clutch and rear pads over rubber, rather than wasting them all for a brakestand.
A must mod for all draggers out there
Old 4/11/05, 11:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks fot the pictures, I'll be ordering this soon!!!!
Old 4/11/05, 11:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

is it just for burning out?, or is it used at all in your launch?
Old 4/12/05, 03:19 PM

Just for burnouts-heating the tires. I don't see how they could help any at launch. The actual solenoids are Moroso solenoids. I'm not sure if you could piece together the kit yourself or not. The blue fittings have reversed threading on them so you can tighten it up without loosening the other side.
You really (or I) don't want to be spinning your tires at all at launch-the reason for slicks. The less tire spin you have, the better traction, the faster down the track you'll get.
The clutch is holding up great! There is a little bit of clutch chatter at low speeds when you don't let it out fast enough. I've come to find out that this clutch is more of a on/off clutch-no slipping. I've also come to learn that with that comes some clutch chatter at low speeds. It's not too bad, I can deal with that in exchange for it grabbing good. My Stainless Works headers and 3" exhaust will be here in the next couple of days. I'm not sure when I'll get to install it though. I'm in the middle of remodeling our whole downstairs. I'm installing wood flooring right now. Only 1000 sq. ft. to go. Besides, I need to schedule some dyno time to get a custom tune for the exhaust. I need to plan on the install and then go directly to the dyno.
Old 4/13/05, 04:20 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by TURBO 05@April 11, 2005, 10:34 PM
is it just for burning out?, or is it used at all in your launch?
It can be used at the starting line to prevent rolling through the lights, you just have to release the button before launching, (this is much easier when using a shifter mounted switch). This is why you will sometimes see line locks advertised as roll controls.

BTW, I have two TCI line locks for sale. PM me for details. I am giving the Mustang Source first shot at these. If there are no responses, they are going on Ebay in two days.
Here is a link to more details.

http://www.tciauto.com/specialty/rollstop.htm
Old 4/14/05, 10:18 AM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Can you accidently activate them while driving?
Old 4/14/05, 11:23 AM

You can press the button while driving and all it does is close the solenoids. Unless you have brake fluid in those lines under pressure, it doesnt' do anything. When I'm in the burnout box, I have to press on the brakes harder than any normal drive braking to get enough pressure in the lines to keep the car from rolling while burning out. You can hear the solenoids click when you press the button. People really seem to think you can lock up the front brakes while driving. It would be pretty difficult. Doing it all over again, I probably would have put the button somewhere else. I'm not worried at all where it's located now though.

Quick Reply: pics of my line locks installed