GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Performance Question(s) for 2007 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 6/1/07, 11:13 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Forge
the beauty of the N/A build is that you can piece it together as you go. No large chunks to throw down (most are all under 1200 - cams and LT's).

Supercharger or any boost for that matter is nice. TO me the only reason to go the all out street N/A build would be if you dont want to drop alot of money at one time (bad at saving money) or if you just want to keep it N/A for your own personall reasons (which is completly ok, its your car).

But for the bang for the buck, i would look at a single turbo kit (hellion, Granetelli (sp), or Powerhouse) or a non centri supercharger (KB, Wipple, Saleeen, magna). All of these FI kits are designed for street driving, so you wont see lag on the bottom end, rough idles, etc. You could start with the base kit (no intercooler or fuel system) for that 400hp and spend about 3500 (keep in mind a cam kit is about 1200, LT and xpipe is another 1200, so the N/A prices will build up fast).

as for looking stock, all the turbo kits and 1/2 of the SC kits will fit under the stock hood. Ive heard alot of people say the KB and saleen are really quiet, so wont have that obnoqious whine at idle and daily driving.
Again, thanks for all the help guys! This has been very informative for me. The N/A route is nice as you can add to it as you go, keeping costs reasonable and feeling the difference with each modification. But I suppose in the end, the supercharger will deliver the kind of power I'm looking for. I owned a 2003 Cobra and loved the instant snap that the s/c produced. No lag at all, and it was always there. After purchase, I'll check my pocketbook to see what direction I'll go. But keep those suggestions coming! Thanks to all!