81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Opinions on intake mod.

Search this Thread

Old 2/8/10, 05:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Opinions on intake mod.

I was going to get the C&L Performance 3 Valve Intake Manifold but have heard for an NA engine it might be a waste of money. So instead I was considering the Steeda Billet Charge Motion Control Plates as they are much cheaper.

What does you guys think?
Old 2/8/10, 09:41 AM
Bullitt Member

I also want to dress up the engine bay and by doing the plates allows me to keep the plenum cover. If the gains are minimal between the 2 I may as well just go with the plates.
Old 2/8/10, 09:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What other air/fuel and exhaust mods do you have? It's all about air/fuel on these N/A cars...
Old 2/8/10, 09:57 AM
Bullitt Member

I have JLT intake, BBK throttle body, BBK shorty headers, Magnaflow x-pipe w/hi flow cats, MBRP axle backs and frpp hot rod cams.
Old 2/8/10, 12:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well, that's close to my set of mods (I have LTs). I got excellent throttle response and a strong pull up to nearly 7000rpm with the production unit--the preproduction units were much rougher. The production unit came too late in the racing season (I'm in MD) for me to get it dyno tuned or race the car hard, but the week I had the car before going into storage was a pure joy. I got one run at the track and ran my former personal best times 3 times in a row without trying and with awful 60 fts (1.7x), so once my rear suspension is dialed in and I'm back in the 1.5x I expect a high 11 second run.

We'll see what the car does at the track in March. After getting the car working well, I am putting on ported heads and an upgraded cam, which is where these new intakes should shine with N/A cars. I think it's a toss up now, the deletes will certainly give you a handful of hp, but if you want a higher revving experience and a track machine, the C&L is probably better suited for the gains. I think you'll see a lot more real world experience on the JPC, C&L and FRPP intake this year...time will tell!

John

Last edited by jwgroovin; 2/8/10 at 12:06 PM.
Old 2/9/10, 01:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unless you're mister moneybags, save your cash and get the steeda delete plates. If I had the money I'd get the c&l intake manifold just because it looks better than stock.

But for most of us, for the 3 hp over the delete plates I'd pocket the rest of the green instead.
Old 2/9/10, 06:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2kanchoo
Unless you're mister moneybags, save your cash and get the steeda delete plates. If I had the money I'd get the c&l intake manifold just because it looks better than stock.

But for most of us, for the 3 hp over the delete plates I'd pocket the rest of the green instead.
Actually that answers my question perfectly. I am not rich but money isn't an issue. The main reason I was getting it was because it looked nicer. But now that I have seen an engine bay all cleaned up with the plenum/injector covers I really like that look. So I will just go with the plates.
Old 2/9/10, 06:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Sorry, I somehow missed your note about engine dressup in the second post. I think the C&L manifold looks pretty cool (see my pic above) but now I see where you are going with the engine dress up parts. Good luck and post some pics when you are done.

John