GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Operation Mobil1

Search this Thread

Old 8/5/07, 06:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Operation Mobil1

I figure if I'm going to do some of the labor myself on any mods that I order (CAI, Tune, H pipe, axle back), I better get some equipment and start with an oil change. After reading a few threads and Tacobills oil change instructions, I got some Mobil1 (2x5 quarts jugs and a Mobil1 filter) and the proper equipment (Rhino ramps and a filter wrench) to get the job done. I have changed oil before and am quite good with my hands but am by far a mechanic. Tacobill's instructions were very good and the oil /filter change went smoothly, thanks Bill! My car was at 1,600 miles by the way and it was the first oil change.

I do have a question. I have read that the GT takes 6 quarts and the instruction manual also says 6 quarts. I put exactly 6 quarts into the car and the reading on the dipstick is about HALFWAY between the upper and lower holes, but is not all the way to the top of the notched section of the dipstick (maybe all the new oil didn't settle). The manual says acceptable is between the top and bottom holes. Should I worry about this or add oil until it is to the top of the notched section of the dipstick?

Thanks,
Old 8/5/07, 06:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
6 quarts is enough. Don't worry about it.
Old 8/5/07, 07:52 PM
Bullitt Member

did a change and added 6qt of mobil1 to mine back in may, it was just around the same area, drove around and came back to check it out in a few hours. it leveled out.
Old 8/5/07, 07:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by cmplxlgc
did a change and added 6qt of mobil1 to mine back in may, it was just around the same area, drove around and came back to check it out in a few hours. it leveled out.
Sweet, thanks bro!
Old 8/5/07, 08:33 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't overfill it. You will be fine.